Any info about a Wizard w90.4 amplifier

Hey all new to the board and somewhat new too car audio in general usually don't post in forums cause I can find answer's myself and most of what I've ever needed to know has been covered, but I googled for a fair amount of time and can't find any info at all on this or any other car audio amplifier bearing the name Wizard and more specifically a Wizard W90.4.

So any info, link, or reference about Wizard amps would be greatly appreciated. Seeings how I bought 1 today for dirt cheap $45 bucks to be specific from a dude on craigslist who also didn't know any thing about it however it seems to be very well built or at least from the little bit I do know about the difference between crap and a decent amp.

The amp it's self is huge compared to most I have been around it measures about 20 x 11 inches and very heavy it is a 4 channel with 4 gauge power and ground terminals heavy gauge speaker wire terminals probably like 12 if I had to guess along with a good amount of knobs and buttons for the settings and opening it up looks to be very well built as far as I can tell don't have time too hook it up till later so not sure how it sounds any way hope someone can help thanks in advance to any one that does or can will post a pic or 2 later if that helps any

Not yet until I know what it is worth and how it sounds after I hook it up later not sure what too hook it up to subs or speaker I'm guessing it might have a bit of power just not sure how low impedance can be when bridged etc

looks like what you'd find in a early 2000's soundstream amp. Its a one off run thats for sure. Probably around 500 watts, no more than that though due to the 8 gauge power feeds and the sheer lack of alot of FET's.

View attachment 26534879View attachment 26534880View attachment 26534881View attachment 26534882View attachment 26534883View attachment 26534884View attachment 26534885
Well thanx for quick response and here are a few pics taken on my phone wish I had my camera so they were in better detail but don't so hope they are good enough
hmm, well i don't know much about guts either, but I have always liked those big, sexy magnets with pretty colored wires wrapped around them....I bet it do more than 90 watts per channel, but it looks like u will need beefy electrical to find out how deep the rabbit hole goes...pretty!

hmm, well i don't know much about guts either, but I have always liked those big, sexy magnets with pretty colored wires wrapped around them....I bet it do more than 90 watts per channel, but it looks like u will need beefy electrical to find out how deep the rabbit hole goes...pretty!
They're called Toroids brah. And I thought I had seen it all, but there are some weird stuff still floating around. For example, I still own a HOTT SETUP amplifier from the early 90's. Rare as hell, and I don't even use it...lol

Now on its worth, see here comes the quandry. Its rare enough that us oldskoolers haven't seen it before, which makes it worthless at the same time since we can't put a value on it. It is definately a novelty at the least.

Thanks I think you're at least right about the time frame its from looking at the board a little closer it looks to be a date and name or insignia under the date 2002.06.10 is the date and kinda hard to make out what it says but looks to be NEXIEM-TSN or JSN. The FET's are huge compared to any other amp I've been in which is not very many also I dont't see any fuses anywhere or any where to put the other than inline before the amp and the power and ground are 4 gauge not that it means it pushes more than 800 watts. Any idea on SQ or what it would be worth ? Again thanx for any help

They're called Toroids brah. And I thought I had seen it all, but there are some weird stuff still floating around. For example, I still own a HOTT SETUP amplifier from the early 90's. Rare as hell, and I don't even use it...lol
Now on its worth, see here comes the quandry. Its rare enough that us oldskoolers haven't seen it before, which makes it worthless at the same time since we can't put a value on it. It is definately a novelty at the least.
lol..I know, right?..The Hott SetUp was all Orion, baby.

lol..I know, right?..The Hott SetUp was all Orion, baby.
yep, and the one I own is weird, it has skull and crossbones all over the front of it. Other ones ive seen don't have that.

and to the original poster, the amps prob worth $100 tops if it works. And I meant 4 gauge, not 8...and it was common for amps to be made without fusing back then, mainly because the "grand install" was more common unlike now where everyone just wants to drop a small amount of cash and a LOC for an install and don't need inline fusing because its built into the amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.