any ideas...?

Participant count
  • Participant list

southwest713
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
ok so i hooked up a sub and small amp in a friends car(08 accord).

8g power and ground. power straight to battery. grounded at a solid spot, sanded off and using star washers. remote wire to fuse box switched power source.

using factory radio and hooked up the loc directly to the rear speakers in the trunk.

now theres this "thud" sound from the sub when accelerating. it does it and then stops, so it's not a continuous sound. i tried a different loc, tried a different spot for the ground, also tried using the high level inputs on the amp, but the problem is still there. i disconnected the rca's and hooked up my ipod to try a different source, and it played fine, so i dont think it's the amp. i've installed many, many set-ups but never had this issue before. any ideas on what it may be?

yea voltage is fine.

what i dont get is that if i hook up the ipod straight to the amp the problem goes away.

it seems like its getting the interference from the rear speaker wires. thats the only thing i can think of.

Does the car have the feature where the volume increases to accomodate for speed/wind/roadnoise where it gets louder and quieter depending on speed?

Does the car have the feature where the volume increases to accomodate for speed/wind/roadnoise where it gets louder and quieter depending on speed?
not sure about that one, i'll have to check next time he comes around.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.