Any good shops in scottsdale , az

subzero

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
Sep 11, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Plenty. Soundwerks on Bell, Handcrafted Chandler/ Gilbert, Stereo Joe in Glendale is a friend, Unique Car Audio in Gilbert,

OP
A

Arledge77

Feb 28, 2017
Phoenix, Az
Plenty. Soundwerks on Bell, Handcrafted Chandler/ Gilbert, Stereo Joe in Glendale is a friend, Unique Car Audio in Gilbert,
Thanks ended up going to soundwerks on bell, cool people and quality work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
A

Arledge77

Feb 28, 2017
Phoenix, Az
Im new to car audio but have a 2016 jeep wrangler 4 door and am building a system for it. So far ive bought a kenwood dnn992 headunit, four polk audio 6.5s for factory locations, three polk audio 12s, polk audio 1200 watt mono amp for subs, polk audio 200x4 amp for the 6.5s. Plan on having custom sealed box built. I also have fosgate amp kits.

Is there anything else i need like a audio controll epicenter etc to make the most of my sounds.

Boomin_tahoe

Hurtin' feelings errrday.
10+ year member
Jul 24, 2005
WA
Any electrical upgrades?

If not, big 3 is a must, stock battery with a better one and possibly a HO alt.

Oh btw, like Polk much //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

OP
A

Arledge77

Feb 28, 2017
Phoenix, Az
Any electrical upgrades?
If not, big 3 is a must, stock battery with a better one and possibly a HO alt.

Oh btw, like Polk much //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
I havent done that stuff but will. Chose polk because marine certified plus the installer told me the amps are good so decided to just buy all polk lol. I had bought a dsp by audio controll but they told me it wasnt needed so to return it.

Boomin_tahoe

10+ year member
Jul 24, 2005
WA
I havent done that stuff but will. Chose polk because marine certified plus the installer told me the amps are good so decided to just buy all polk lol. I had bought a dsp by audio controll but they told me it wasnt needed so to return it.

Ah just wondered. Recently switched to Polk myself. in mah sig...

cfox10

Rock the house.
Mar 21, 2011
Tillamook, Oregon
May not NEED a DSP but it is a good idea. It will allow for better imaging and more detailed sound.

You'll want them to spend the most time deadening and eliminating as much road noise as possible.

No need for an epicenter or anything like that.

Boomin_tahoe

10+ year member
Jul 24, 2005
WA
Hit up John Kuthe for DSP install AND how to turn it on //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

OP
A

Arledge77

Feb 28, 2017
Phoenix, Az
May not NEED a DSP but it is a good idea. It will allow for better imaging and more detailed sound.You'll want them to spend the most time deadening and eliminating as much road noise as possible.

No need for an epicenter or anything like that.
Is this dsp any good? I had it but sent it back because installer said it wasnt needed, if needed ill order it again.

OP
A

Arledge77

Feb 28, 2017
Phoenix, Az
Its mine but i honestly dont know what im doing. Last system i built was 20 something years ago in highschool and since then the brands etc have changed allot since then, **** i feel old now lol.

Anyway i told him i thought we needed good crossover or dsp as the ones built in amps arent that great and he said the technology has improved allot and the dsp wasnt really needed anymore.

trumpet

Barry Schanz
Jan 3, 2011
Grafton, ND
I urge you to slow down and go to Handcrafted in Chandler before you make a mistake. At least get a second quote and visit them.

OP
A

Arledge77

Feb 28, 2017
Phoenix, Az
I urge you to slow down and go to Handcrafted in Chandler before you make a mistake. At least get a second quote and visit them.
Ill check them out, to be honest sonfar ive talked to jason out on 35th ave, soundwerks on bell, street fighter on bell, stereo joe and thats it. Ive heard so kuch conflicted stuff its crazy

I need dsp vs no longer needed

Run sundown vs it just makes noise but not good in sq

Etc etc

Even the install and box prices are crazy

Jason said hed build me a sick box and install for like 800

Soundwerks 1000 for less nice box (no led plexi et ) and 300 install

Street fighter gave something like 1500 for basic box and install

Stereo joe i think I confused lol. That guy was talking 3,000 for box and install when my friend got hisdone there custom box and install for like 800

Boomin_tahoe

10+ year member
Jul 24, 2005
WA
3 [email protected]!! Holy ****

Man I just had a buddy move there. I dunno what his plans are but he and I have installed a few stereos here before he moved to Phoenix.

OP
A

Arledge77

Feb 28, 2017
Phoenix, Az
3 [email protected]!! Holy ****
Man I just had a buddy move there. I dunno what his plans are but he and I have installed a few stereos here before he moved to Phoenix.
No joke man, 3gs and i supply the equipment ill show you the two boxes im showing the shops. Most the cost is in the boxes as the installs are cheap like 300-500 for everything.

I really planned on running dsp, genesis dual battery setup with two yellow tops, high output alternater and better ground but some shops are telling me its no longer needed.

This is going in a wrangler so deadening isnt goinfg to be very effective since ill be going top down etc at times

Boomin_tahoe

10+ year member
Jul 24, 2005
WA
Not needed my a$$. I will argue the electrical is a must when adding anything audio.

Those installs look very nice but the JL one i question because a lot of suv's like subs up port back.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Trending topics

Latest classifieds