any experience with skar or sundown?

sa 12s like ported. idk about skar. all i have herd is that they sound good as fack so i would assume sealed is better for them.

so with my assumption in the cards i would say:

-for loud but stilll soud GOOD=sundown

-for not as loud and sound like a boss=skar

sa 12s like ported. idk about skar. all i have herd is that they sound good as fack so i would assume sealed is better for them.
so with my assumption in the cards i would say:

-for loud but stilll soud GOOD=sundown

-for not as loud and sound like a boss=skar
That isn't true, somebody was hitting in the 150's with 2 of the skar 12's.

I've heard a skar 12 in person, they sound really good, willing to bet better than the SA-12's.

the Skars can be tuned a little lower...if you plan to tune at or below 33 or so, do the skars...if you tune above that, do the SAs

They are underrated but I don't think that much. I wouldn't want toThrow 1200 at an sa12 but that's just me
its all about knowing what your doing...i put 2k on mine...Jacob puts 7k on his...but I wouldnt advise over 7-800 to someone that doesnt know what their doing

its all about knowing what your doing...i put 2k on mine...Jacob puts 7k on his...but I wouldnt advise over 7-800 to someone that doesnt know what their doing
Not for daily, that's dumb. I'd rather have more cone area. Once you reach a certain power there is no reason to increase any more because you severely shorten your woofers life and won't have that much extra output.

SPL, ya maybe. But I'd rather get another woofer. Cone area>power.

I thought I explained it pretty thoroughly somewhere -- perhaps search button my name + SKAR Audio //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Skar sub was designed with a bit higher linear x-max (via a longer coil which is also heavier) and a bit less motor force factor -- all of which are beneficial to low-end extension.

The SA was designed with a 10% shorter coil (lighter, few mm less linear x-max) and more motor power -- which are beneficial for SPL.

Either subs sounds quite good, IMO.

Neither is an "SPL Sub" or an "SQ Sub" -- they are both versatile and can go either way; simply leaned each one a bit farther in each direction.

I thought I explained it pretty thoroughly somewhere -- perhaps search button my name + SKAR Audio //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Skar sub was designed with a bit higher linear x-max (via a longer coil which is also heavier) and a bit less motor force factor -- all of which are beneficial to low-end extension.

The SA was designed with a 10% shorter coil (lighter, few mm less linear x-max) and more motor power -- which are beneficial for SPL.

Either subs sounds quite good, IMO.

Neither is an "SPL Sub" or an "SQ Sub" -- they are both versatile and can go either way; simply leaned each one a bit farther in each direction.
The best advice you'll get in this thread....straight from the horse's mouth

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.