Any double din units, dvds' and SQ???

bdmach1
10+ year member

Akron,Oh
Are there any double din head units out their that play DVDs (naigation not necessary) that have great sound quality??? I was told that sound quality suffers when you get into units like these....is this true???

Thanks

Bob

Well i guess to a certain extent..

Alpine W200 or 205 comes to mind. pair it with the H701 and your pretty much set. whats your price range? Want new or used?

Don't really have a price in mind, I think this is a place where you really don't wanna be cheap!
true, but when people start talking about thousand dollar units....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

Haha....true.....very true, I have always been the type of person that if there was something I wanted for my car, if I didn't have the cash for it I never settled for less...I save and got what I wanted!!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Any other choices out their besides Alpine??? Looks like in the neighborhood of $1000.00 for the alpine setup for the HU and the processor. anyone else recommend something comparable to the alpine w205/h701???

The SQ per se doesn't suffer, the signal out of the unit is just as clean as any other CD unit. What you typically lose is some processing capability. Of course many of the CD units have much less processing capability than they did 3 years ago. The Alpine HU/processor pair is hard to beat, that's for sure.

I'm also using the Alpine W205/H701 combo.

Don't know if this helps you, but the W200/W205 is the only DD Hu i've seen in SQ competition cars.

Jorge.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.