any auto mechanics here

year is 96 checked spark with plug out grounded turned over and had sparkage , see the s10 forums **** u post over there and takes forever to get a response

ok that 96 should be a cpi system .check the 2 wires that go into the plenum for power .,those are the wires that go to the spider assembly to make the injector work

ok do i need to take the plenum off , im trying to picture where them wires are i know theres a big plug that plugs into the plenum , and should they be hot?

ok do i need to take the plenum off , im trying to picture where them wires are i know theres a big plug that plugs into the plenum , and should they be hot?
one should be a hot wire [power] the other ground ,2 wires only ,on the drivers side of the frt of the plenum

Ok I'll look at it tomorrow but prolly going in the shop..argh I hate paying over priced mechanics..

not that hard to pull the plenum ,but the wires go into the plenum on the drivers side in the front ,pretty easy to find,and its usually the plug on the 2 wires that goes bad

96 4.3 has 6 mini injectors the wiring plugs into the top of the intake plenum behind the throttle body 12 wire plug if you put ether in the throttle body it should try to run . the security syst will let it crank if that is the problem it will run about 2 or 3 seconds then stall .double check that you have strong multiple sparks when you crank it over . also make sure the coil wire is not touching any metal & is in the right plug on the distributor cap . a good tech is expensive but worth it ! dave

How do you know it's in time? If you have spark, it's in time, and you spray starting fluid, it should start. Plain and simple. My guess is either crankshaft position sensor or camshaft position sensor.

if it has multiple spark when cranked over the crank sensor is good . it will start on ether if the cam sensor is bad. usually these only spark 1 or 2 times then no spark if that is the case it has a bad ign coil . have seen tons of these with the coil wire shorting out on the trans dipstick tube

ok if i pulled the plenum and check spiders should i see the fuel spraying outta the injectors ?

did you check the spark again ? use the coil wire crank for 10 seconds and see if you have strong multiple sparks . you dont have the single injector with 6 mini injectors you have 6 individual injectors . if you have strong spark pour a small amount of fuel in the throttle body then try to start it if it runs then you go to the fuel system

ok spoke to the mechanic today and truck is in prefect time but its getting intermittent spark wants to start but when starts to fire the spark goes away ..wth.. crank case sensor ?? or cpu ?

Yeah he's supposed to pull it back in the shop today and look at it some more ..I told him plugs,wires,cap and button has all been replaced..wish me luck..I've got about $3k of stereo equipment ready to be installed and this happens..but all else fails I guess I'll be dropping a v8 in it..wasn't my plans till this next winter but I guess we will see..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.