any anti-sound deadening people out there?

sumone
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Midwest
just wondering...

I deadened my trunk, lid, and rear deck. Happy that 90% of the vibrations of the trunk went away. the only thing I really hate now is that my rear bumper has a nasty vibration to it. it was always there, but my license plate rattle & trunk rattle were louder or more prevalent. and when it hits, first of all, the vibration is after the bass hit, and it sounds like ass. like it's detuned or something. only happens when the trunk lid is closed.

the other thing I don't like about sound deadening is it makes the bass less noticeable outside of the car...yeah, yeah, I know, msuic is for you and not other people. but the thing is, when I pass by, they hear my detuned rear bumper vibrating and think something's wrong with my car...lol

so one thing I don't like about sound deadening is that it's an all or nothing job...you decrease the volume of the music outside the car, but you have to make sure all rattles & noise is gone, since the music isn't louder than the noise.

...then again, it could just be a matter of "installation", I know someone'll say that.

oh yea, great stuff is some great stuff...I put it behind my license plate. works perfectly for that license plate rattle with only 2 screws at the top. also put it inside of the rear bumper but haven't tested to see how good it worked.

...so, what don't you like about sound deadening?

i agree with you 100% on your post except about being loud outside. my system got louder because you hear more bass and less rattle... although my bumper sounds like its going to fall off.

Try screwing your license plate ALL the way with ALL 4 screws, that could help.
or take it off //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gifThe thing i dont like about it is the price.

The good stuff costs quite a bit

I hate applying the sound deadening //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif I don't mind the price, I love the "performance" it gives you......but dear god, I hate putting the stuff on my car. My back always hurts afterwards, my arms are tired, my arms are all cut up from reaching into places that the arm wasn't intended to fit when they designed the car, and it just takes so god **** long...........

I hate not being able to reach the places you want to. Hell yeah, i reach into places like Squeak sed and cut my arms all to hell...BUT there are STILL places i'm never able to reach...and ones that i WANT to deaden because i know it'll help. So, it pisses me off to know it's there and not be able to get to it. peace

NG

yup, used some great stuff spray-on expanding foam in between the bumper. helped out significantly. but there's still a trace of a rattle...I guess I'll try to take off the bumper and throw some stuff inside.

I'm gonna take a pic of the area I through some eDead & the foam onto the bumper/rear fender...lol...now that was a ***** trying to paint onto something under the car (w/o lifting the car).

now that I got the bumper under control, now I find out my trunk keyhole locking structure rattles. I was gonna try some more foam, but since I didn't clean up the spiggot thing from yesterday, it got all hard and it won't come out the hole...lol

I put some great stuff on the back of the license plate, and then on the part the license plate attaches to, and while the foam was still sticky/uncured, I screwed the license plate back on. Now, that area is one solid mass.... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif so, no more license plate problems.

however, sometimes I miss the license plate rattles....

I always wondered why my Volvo's license plate was bolted on with four big ass bolts... After hearing some other POS cars rattle to hell, I know why //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.