any 1 with a good working understanding of subwoofer boxes help me out please

Participant count
  • Participant list
SCREW GOINGWITH A PORTED BOX!!!!!!!!! DO NOT DO IT!!!!!! IT'S COMPLICATED!!!!!!

Listen up....

I have four Crunch Pros (300w rms/ea.) I built a box to the proper cubic footage (1.5cu.'X4=6cu.') Yes I have a six cube box. The thing is I only use three of the subs. The forth acts as a passive radiator. No tuning (it already is), no special placement, no hassle! The three subs are wired in series off of a bridged, old style, Punch 200. The impedance is

The only thing is yu'll have to get another sub of the same kind.....but I think it's well worth it.

Trixter

Or you could just go and buy a passive radiator. A passive radiator is nothing but a regular speaker with no motor structure. You want to try something complicated go build yourself a properly tuned bandpass enclosure. There is nothing difficult about building a ported enclosure.

let's see you said..

No tuning (it already is), no special placement, no hassle!
then you said...

If you hear the passive rattling inside you might have to remove the voice coil and put the dust cap back on....I did, just don't damage the cone.
and then you said...

The only thing is yu'll have to get another sub of the same kind
sounds like quite of bit of hassle to me! ramos is right, building a ported box is really no different then a sealed. the literature that came with my subs even give port length and diameter. so it's a little more work, it pays off in the end for spl!

banging-contour, my advise to you is to ignore the trixter's post and follow ramos's advice. i don't believe that he'd lead you astray!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.