Another Tinting Thread

Participant count
  • Participant list

xluben
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Lots of questions, so I figured I'd start my own thread.

Should I get some DIY tint or go to a shop?

For DIY I'm looking at this pre-cut tint:

http://www.snaptint.com/car_tint_Honda_Accord%204%20Door_1999_sedan_complete.html

Is that stuff any good?

In MN the legal limit is 50% all around.

Could I get away with 50% on the front doors and 35% for the rest?

Any pics of 50% or 35%?

Also, how much does a professional install usually cost (from a reputable place)?

And can a shop go lower than the legal limit?

If a shop costs less than ~$150 I'd probably go that route.

99 Accord Sedan (the one the link is setup for)

BTW, just got two quotes over the phone $200-225.

Everywhere else want already closed. I'll call some more tomorrow.

yeah...for a 4 door car, you are going to be in the 180-250 range for your basic local tint jobs. Personally, I would go and let a professional do it. Doing curved glass isnt fun. You can burn a hole in tint just like that when you are using a heat gun to get the tint to curve over the surface.

we did my girls old 00' civic lx 4door for 110 including taxes from a shop. came with lifetime warranty but the car got totaled.

as far as i know its just the front that has to be tinted that percentage.

like 5% all around (if you have sideview mirrors) and whatever your state requires on the front. ugly, but thats how it is down here.

we did my girls old 00' civic lx 4door for 110 including taxes from a shop. came with lifetime warranty but the car got totaled.as far as i know its just the front that has to be tinted that percentage.

like 5% all around (if you have sideview mirrors) and whatever your state requires on the front. ugly, but thats how it is down here.
http://www.tintdude.com/laws.html //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

but the shops i called said i could get whatever i wanted put on.

if it was that price i'd probably get it tomorrow, lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.