Another sound deadening thread help

lil azn 06
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hi,

First off, i could of sworn there was a thread in here that showed how to sound deaden and with pics but i cant find it. Any links?

Well my second question is can sound deadening actually make your sound sound worse?

- What are some good deadening materials? I plan on deadening both my doors but i have to work with a budget under $100, $50 would be preferred.

- Do i put the deadening on the the inside of the door (like eh in bwt the door, where the speaker would go into or would i do the outside of the door (with panel removed of course) or would i do both?

- I hear its easy. Um can someone please define easy because for ex some manuals say u can do something in like an hour and instead it takes the whole day.

- Should i put that egg carton foam behind the woofer (componet sys)? If no one has no idea what im talking about when i say egg carton foam, ill post a pic.

Thanks for reading.

Line as much of the inside of the outer door skin as possible, then if you can, cover the entire inner door metal (where the speaker goes, behind the door panel) This will accomplish 2 things, deaden your doors, making the car quiter from road noise, and seal your doors up to provide a better enclosure for your mids. I like Cascade, it's like Dynamat extreme. Good luck.

um about how much deadening would i need for 2 doors, on a small car?

"ast but not least, buy ~2lbs of non-hardening modelling clay and a small sheet of 3/4" or 1/2" mdf. Cut a ring or baffle for your speaker to sit on. Place about 5mm tall height of clay on both sides of the ring. Now mount the speaker to one side of the ring, and the ring to your door. Decoupling the speaker from the actual door itself will further reduce vibrations, and clean up your midrange and bass. As an added touch, I like to add a bit more clay around the baffle in order to add weight to the area and further dampen any vibrations. "

should i do that as well?

um about how much deadening would i need for 2 doors, on a small car?
"ast but not least, buy ~2lbs of non-hardening modelling clay and a small sheet of 3/4" or 1/2" mdf. Cut a ring or baffle for your speaker to sit on. Place about 5mm tall height of clay on both sides of the ring. Now mount the speaker to one side of the ring, and the ring to your door. Decoupling the speaker from the actual door itself will further reduce vibrations, and clean up your midrange and bass. As an added touch, I like to add a bit more clay around the baffle in order to add weight to the area and further dampen any vibrations. "

should i do that as well?
30 sq.ft. for two small doors should do well.

if you can, it wouldnt hurt.

Aight, any links for Cascade? Hows this? http://www.raamaudio.com/

I also have no idea if this is even good advice, but my dad says since im on a budget i should get house/roof insulator instead and put it in the car. Is this a good or bad idea? He also said aluminum deadening rattles. Then whats the point of making it aluminum?

Also, should i sound deaden the back? I know they're just pics, but can some1 give me an estimate how much i would need for the entire back (Integra coupe)?

img38812co.jpg

img38821vb.jpg

img38839ix.jpg

Also should i change this wood for something thicker?

img38853kk.jpg

Lastly, any ideas on how to bolt down a subwoofer box?

so u drilled holes through your car? Well forgot to ask is bolting it down recommended, in terms of performance? The most obvious benefit i see is that anyone trying to steal it would have a hella of a time trying to. Also what screws do u use for the subwoofer to the box? Woodscrews?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.