Another Reason For Rear Fill...

It is controlled by a ceramic L-Pad and can be defeated easily, trust me it makes a big difference, and I am running a good set of components up front. The center blends seamlessly since it the same brand of speaker as the mains. To each his own though, everyone hears and interprets music differently.

I run 5 channels and prefer to be immersed in the performance rather than having it all blasting from the front. With sensitivity and gain matching they can blend seamlessly. Those of you that run front stage only probably don't even compete in SQ competitions since there aren't really anymore so you are only fooling yourself. That said to each his own. YMMV.
I ran rear fill in my '94 Camaro competition vehicle with a Vifa center channel and I have the trophies to prove that it was more helpful than hinderence. (IASCA competitor from '95 - '97 in the Novice/Amateur 1-150 watt class). They were controllable and adjustable via L-Pads custom mounted in the center console.
Well I dont know about that, but I know the 2006 IASCA World Finalst rookie champ, and I know he only runs front stage.

It is controlled by a ceramic L-Pad and can be defeated easily, trust me it makes a big difference, and I am running a good set of components up front. The center blends seamlessly since it the same brand of speaker as the mains. To each his own though, everyone hears and interprets music differently.

Not saying it's a bad thing , I just don't personally care for it . I have heard a few different set ups with centers , even heard a set up witha rear fill center channel . And you are correct , everyone hears differently //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I own Dark Side on SACD. That version was produced in 5.1 surround (by Roger Waters) and sounds pretty amazing on my home setup. I wish my car had an SACD 5.1 setup, but alas, I have never seen car deck with SACD.

I was driving home from work yesterday and was listening to fm radio, when Pink Floyd's Money was played. The seperation in that song is quite amazing. I have nice rear fill and believe you me, that song made it all worth it. The way the intro went from front to rear and side to side was awesome. Of course i had to crank it up a tad or two. For front stage only fans, you would be missing alot here. I realize that alot of music isn't like this, but when rear fill is in play, it makes songs like this a beautful thing. Just my 2 cents worth. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
isnt' fm radio broadcast'd in stereo?

I was driving home from work yesterday and was listening to fm radio, when Pink Floyd's Money was played. The seperation in that song is quite amazing. I have nice rear fill and believe you me, that song made it all worth it. The way the intro went from front to rear and side to side was awesome. Of course i had to crank it up a tad or two. For front stage only fans, you would be missing alot here. I realize that alot of music isn't like this, but when rear fill is in play, it makes songs like this a beautful thing. Just my 2 cents worth. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Ha, ha, ha. That is some funny chit. What you are hearing is a very poorly tuned system, there is absolutely NO four channel information on that disk. What you describe is complete stage degradation and absolute nonsense. If you would have put your money into implementing your front stage correctly all of the spatial cues would be there, but instead of arbitrarily floating around your car they would actual move in a cohesive stage.

Ha, ha, ha. That is some funny chit. What you are hearing is a very poorly tuned system, there is absolutely NO four channel information on that disk. What you describe is complete stage degradation and absolute nonsense. If you would have put your money into implementing your front stage correctly all of the spatial cues would be there, but instead of arbitrarily floating around your car they would actual move in a cohesive stage.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/imwithstupid.gif.ff72b14418b3c35ebdf1ccd38da21695.gif

what a controversial subject... I expect NG to come in here any time and tell you you are COMPLETELY wrong and dont get it! LOL!

But, I agree with you, I am also Pro rear "fill."

That's what some like...some dont..there have been winners with and without it... this has been debated a thousand times in here.....and everyone thinks they are right... whateva' //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

check out the last time it was argued about:

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=199518

I own Dark Side on SACD. That version was produced in 5.1 surround (by Roger Waters) and sounds pretty amazing on my home setup. I wish my car had an SACD 5.1 setup, but alas, I have never seen car deck with SACD.
wasn't / didn't Eclipse put out a full 5.1 mobile system?

Most "mainstream" music is 2 Channel--- BUT, most music is also recorded with multiple microphones (and frequently on seperate tracks) that are mastered to produce the sound(s) we listen to today. So there is spatial recordings meant to simulate, or in the case of a non-mainstream artist, even release with multiple channel information to better enhance the listening experience.

Mannheim Steamroller has released Hi Def Cd's that are amazing--

Caution: you are about to go outside of your reality and experience new age creativity: http://dev.shop-amgram.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=AG&Category_Code=MCD5

another interesting thing I noticed...those that adamantely (s?) argue about front sound stage only, are mostly Pickup Truck Owners. hmmmmmm???

Its about the seperation, definitly rear!
Separation is L/R. If you are supposed to hear something behind you it would only truly be there in a 5.1 recording. So unless you have a 5.1 cd player, than you are just imagining things...

okthanxbye

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.