Another HU selection

heavymetalatw
10+ year member

Daytona
Im lookin for a HU in the $250 + range. I do not own an ipod or use HD radio, blu tooth, etc. All i want is a HU that will play my CDs and give me the best options for toying with the sound.

I was originally lookin at the pioneer 7100, then the kenwoods started catching my eye. Started reading about the kenwood 693 but I am concerned about seeing the screen in this bright Florida sun.

Now Im leaning towards the new eclipse 5030. I havent actually seen one of these yet, so i have no experience with it. A buddy of mine had the eclipse avx-5000 and i loved using that unit. I tend to hold eclipse receivers in high regards

If anybody would like to share their inputs on which receivers offer the best SQ options Im all ears, again I really dont care for 'expandability' options, just sound control

I have had great luck with Alpine.

9886 or 9887.

Many many options for tweakability (at least for the 9887).

I havent owned a Kenwood deck in a long time and have no experience with Eclipse. Maybe someone else can chime in on those.

yeah id like black on white , thatd be cool man

seriously lille will you do longsleeves with logos?? i know youre kind of an understated guy, not a big fan of multi/big logos, but those are the best

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.