another *FacePalm* Question....

Participant count
  • Participant list
Edit: He's fast.
I did read that. He's saying if it were the same amp and it were designed to put out the same power at two different impedance, it would have the same draw. I'm saying, two different amps. One rated at 1k at 1 ohm, and one rated at 1k at 2 ohm. Wouldn't the one rated at 1k at 1 ohm draw more current? I know this is dumb but I'm just trying to learn about it...

I think the issue everyone is getting hung up on is efficiency. Amplifiers usually handle higher impedences with more efficiency. This could amount to a few hundred watts., but not the huge change that it sounds like you're thinking of. Of an amp this size, it could amount to at most 20 amps difference in current drawn. That is comparing one extreme to another.

my KICKER is rated at 1500 @ 4 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
mine is rated 5000 @ 4 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.