Another big three question

Participant count
  • Participant list

Navy1527

CarAudio.com Newbie
Merica
I would like to start off by saying I'm no rookie in the car audio deparment. I got into the car audio game back in 2004. Anywho long story short I'm doing the big three on my new play toy (2001 monete carlo LS) and on the main ground from the alt to the factory ground my fluke dmm reads a mind blowing 600-1000 ohms. TdavvdWlR0uqsGj3am9DAw.jpgThis is a pic of the factory ground. As you can see all of the paint and dust is cleaned off.4SfXBYefRvKUdQQAExORXA.jpgThe black wire is the ground from the alt post. I'll stick my fluke lead into the wire coming off the post and put my lead on the factory and it reads 600+ ohms. If I ohm out the alt ground to the alt case or engine bolts I'll get 1.5 ohm. The leads themselves are about a half of ohm by themselves. I know the easy button is to just make a new ground but whats taking me for a spin is how is the factory ground so damn bad??

wXjwQpbXQo2nVXQL00oV2g.jpg

If memory serves me there are isolated engine mounts on that 3.4L and the ground strap is S M all, small. Could always add an extra ground and do a Big 4.
Thank you. If the enigine momunts are isolated then the math would add up :). Do you know of a way of checking to see if the mounts are isolated or not? 

The center of each mount should be a silicone or rubber with the bolt going through them. It's been a while but the ones we sold from the parts store were cast metal and were painted as well. I think there are three total. Trans mount, engine mount on the radiator side and one on one of the fender sides.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.