Another Alarm Noob

Participant count
  • Participant list

Tiger Bass
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
SC
I've read through a couple other pages about alarms and I honestly have no idea what to even start looking for. Since I have no alarm at all right now, I'm looking for a very basic one.

So what kind of alarm could I get for about $75-150 and would this be adequate? And what type of features should I be looking for in particular to help prevent getting my audio jacked?

Lastly, the faceplate to my headunit is not removeable. Do yall have any other suggestions other than tint to keep it from getting unwanted attention. Right now, I just toss a shop-towel over it when I park in public.

Also, I don't really care about automatic locks or windows. Just the alarm.

Any other info on your alarm junky? price, model, link

I've read through a couple other pages about alarms and I honestly have no idea what to even start looking for. Since I have no alarm at all right now, I'm looking for a very basic one.
So what kind of alarm could I get for about $75-150 and would this be adequate? And what type of features should I be looking for in particular to help prevent getting my audio jacked?

Lastly, the faceplate to my headunit is not removeable. Do yall have any other suggestions other than tint to keep it from getting unwanted attention. Right now, I just toss a shop-towel over it when I park in public.
the shop towel is obviously hiding your head unit. look for deals at your local audio shops. car toys was doing basic alarms for around 100 bucks a while back.

the shop towel is obviously hiding your head unit. look for deals at your local audio shops. car toys was doing basic alarms for around 100 bucks a while back.
I know, it was just a spur of the moment thought I had one night and kept doing it for some reason.

? keyless entry is just lock/arm unlock/disarm. thats half of what an alarm is... you like putting the key in the door and manually unlocking it every time?

remote start you dont have to hook up, but why not?

Because they are features that cost extra that I see no point for. I would probably be fine with keyless entry. If I'm not mistaken though, aren't there stipulations for putting remote start in a manual car?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.