Annoying amp problem

Participant count
  • Participant list

Callingindogs
10+ year member

I posted about this before and I got some advice but just suggestions, I recently installed two 6x9 speakers in the back of my car and temporarily using a 4 channel amp to power the two speakers. I'm running a rca out of my subwoofers output which the rca's from that are spliced into rca converters off the back of my head unit. I've been suggested that this is the problem, but i've gotten lots of others. I've tried turning down the input on the amp itself and I got better speaker connectors which helped a little and I grounded it better. But the problem still persists, more common it cuts out in songs where there's lots of bass, I know it's not an overheating issue because it'll cutout for a second and come back on, nor do I think it's a power problem because my subwoofers remain completely unaffected.

It sounds like the amp is going into protect mode and shutting down momentarilly. Could be either a short in one of the speakers, speaker wires touching ground, or you're overloading the amp. Are you bridging the 4 ch to the 6x9s or just using 2 channels?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.