Android car stereo using a tablet and apps management

pm116

Athens
​I have installed a Samsung galaxy tablet into my RAV4 and used it as my main car stereo and navigator. when the engine is on i have to reopen music apps etc. i recently found an app on Google Play that as soon as you unplug the charger it automatically pause all media and navigation apps and when you turn on the engine the tablet goes on again without pressing the power button. so, GPS is on again and music continues exactly where you had left it It is called Autosleeper Auto power ON-OFF and i found it at Google Play. Is there anyone who has used it? I am quite happy but i'd like some feedback for this app or alternatives..

I haven't used Autosleeper but would suggest looking at "Tasker". It has a slightly steep learning curve at first, but no hardcore programming is required. I use it with my car tablet (Note 10.1 2014) and it works great for the functions you are looking for.

I use Tasker for my automation. It's great. I'll have it when I connect to my cars blue tooth it will turn gps on. Open google music click play. Raise brightness to high. Turn wifi off. And etc. And when blue tooth off dim screen. Kill google music turn gps off to save battery.

I used tasker with my previous car and a full tablet system. Had tried automateit but tasker was by far the best. Like brad said, you can have it do everything for you. I had my tablet hardwired into the accessory circuit and with tasker was able to have it wake up, sync Bluetooth, pop up navigation on one half of the screen and pop up my music in the other. Made everything so easy. Then when car was turned off, it would pause all apps, and put tablet to sleep to conserve battery.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.