Android Auto and Pixel 6

Participant count
  • Participant list

gizahuna

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi all
Very new to this forum and writing on behalf of my son. He upgraded my phone to an Google Pixel 6 from an Iphone. We have a Pioneer (AVH-4200NEX) head unit installed in his car. Carplay worked fine, but android auto will not work with his new phone. When I plug the phone into the port, it doesn't seem to be able to recognize the phone. I can connect via Bluetooth, but I want to be able to use Android Auto.
Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Could be a couple things that I can think of. On my KENWOOD H/U, there are separate assigned USB for AA or CarPlay. The other thing, I found on mine, you have to delete an android phone when going Apple, and vise-versa.

Could be a couple things that I can think of. On my KENWOOD H/U, there are separate assigned USB for AA or CarPlay. The other thing, I found on mine, you have to delete an android phone when going Apple, and vise-versa.
Thank you. I didn't realize there were two ports. I found the manual online and sure enough....I have to connect to port 2. I will give it a try. Does that mean that carplay will not work when I connect my iPhone?

For some reason I don't think Pixels (Google's flagship) doesn't do Android auto too well. I had the same experience with a 3a XL and I had an Alpine (I'll have to look for the model number) and it was miss than hit to get the android auto to work. But it worked flawlessly with Samsung phones. Sold the radio once I realized that lol. I now have a 6 Pro and I still don't think there's a radio that will work well with it. I just use Bluetooth single dins now

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...