and the problems never end...

moneyovabreezys
10+ year member

Sac
so after i thought i was done doing anything with my beat, like no more wiring this and that, i was happy, my **** was loud and everything like its posed to be, but while i was on the freeway last night it just turned off on me, music still playin but my amp wasnt even on, what the feezy, and this is only a day or two of playin after putting in a fuse. fuse under my hood is good, fuse in my trunk is good, but amp isnt on, im praying that my aux batt. is just completely drained or somethin cause if my **** burnt out then wtffff. gains and bass boost isnt even halfway. no metals to touching anything backthere. you guys think its just the aux battery? i was ridin for a day or two with just the aux batt in use cause the fuse from the batt under the hood was popped and i didnt realize it, but i replaced that a couple days ago and everything was sounding much much better, shouldnt it be getting some kind of charge? even if its a small charge wouldnt it have enough to at least have the power light off of my amp on? any help would be appreciated

lmao, let me elaborate this, events in order

-amp busted my alternator

-replaced alternator, havent got big 3 yet

-replaced capacitor with sprinter s12v285f battery

-drove around still listening to crappy bass for a couple days

-during those couple days did a bunch of rewiring cause i thought something was wrong, didnt change anything just tightened and secured everything better

-and the end of those couple days i finally noticed that the fuse between my car battery and aux battery was burnt

-changed the fuse and voila! everything worked perfectly again - even better this time

-drove around for a couple days thinking i was the **** again

-last night while driving on the freeway my bass just went off, music still playin but no bass

-when i get home i check my amp and power light aint even on

-took wires off aux batt and now amp is wired directly to car batt and still no power light

-charging aux battery right now... even though its prolly my amp

now the question is, do you guys think i burnt my amp? or know what the problem could be? my gains is at lets say 10 oclock but it starts at 7, lol and so is the bass boost so i doubt i was pushing it too hard. i checked fuses on my wires and theyre all good, i havent checked the fuses in the amp yet cause theyre inside. say it is a fuse in the amp, could i just replace it with another fuse with the same rating?

lmao, let me elaborate this, events in order-amp busted my alternator

-replaced alternator, havent got big 3 yet

-replaced capacitor with sprinter s12v285f battery

-drove around still listening to crappy bass for a couple days

-during those couple days did a bunch of rewiring cause i thought something was wrong, didnt change anything just tightened and secured everything better

-and the end of those couple days i finally noticed that the fuse between my car battery and aux battery was burnt

-changed the fuse and voila! everything worked perfectly again - even better this time

-drove around for a couple days thinking i was the **** again

-last night while driving on the freeway my bass just went off, music still playin but no bass

-when i get home i check my amp and power light aint even on

-took wires off aux batt and now amp is wired directly to car batt and still no power light

-charging aux battery right now... even though its prolly my amp

now the question is, do you guys think i burnt my amp? or know what the problem could be? my gains is at lets say 10 oclock but it starts at 7, lol and so is the bass boost so i doubt i was pushing it too hard. i checked fuses on my wires and theyre all good, i havent checked the fuses in the amp yet cause theyre inside. say it is a fuse in the amp, could i just replace it with another fuse with the same rating?
found your problem, elitism

just put the battery back in, same ********, amp light wont come on, this is irritating me now, i think i gotta get this amp repaired. then sold on cl.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.