and the problems never end...

Sparks? OMG. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/omg.gif.05aa02c3095d6ce9338996654eca0863.gif

You may have tightened everything down, etc. but based on your description and the whole "sparks" comment, I'm guessin' when you were messin' with the wiring you may have still had power going to various components, no? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

lol, yeah i did, but i mean, i dont think i burnt anything. after i put in that new fuse i didnt touch anything and it was working perfectly for a couple days then just went out while i was driving.

lol i dont really mean sparks like fireworks sparks, but i did get a lil speaker wire let it touch the remote and power inputs and the power light stayed off so yeah, im thinkin goodnight 2500cxl

this **** is just sittin in my trunk lookin hella sad, i checked all my wires again for the millionth time im goin to check the guts later but im sure ill be clueless to what i see, first thing im checkin for is the fuses. but if it is somethin inside other than that i doubt ill be able to fix it. luckily i do have pics of the guts from when i first got the amp.

Arc Audio 2500CXL guts

l_fc8d2909eed549c3860e03f03cd60613.jpg

Ok well I dont know the answer to your problem. But you could run a known good source of 12volts to the remote (aka front battery if your car starts) If it doesnt turn on you blew it up (will be a sad day if it is blown). Okay and what guage wire are you using for power? I reccomend 0 guage for power just so you dont have to run power wires again unless you do a huge step up you may need to add more runs.

Anywho your battery in the rear...you said you blew a fuse and didnt know it. Im guessing you didnt find out till the battery went completely dead? If so, that battery would have to brought in to be charged or put on a charger to be charged correctly. As your alternator is not a battery charger...small possibility you may have caused that battery to commit suicide.

A DMM is a very precious tool...and they are cheap. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Good Luck Brotato

nah the battery wasnt dead yet when i found the blown fuse, but i did recharge it a couple days ago after this problem occured, lol. but yeah i put a wire to the remote and still no power light, but uhh, yeah, lol. iono, im lost of words right now bout my amp.

nah the battery wasnt dead yet when i found the blown fuse, but i did recharge it a couple days ago after this problem occured, lol. but yeah i put a wire to the remote and still no power light, but uhh, yeah, lol. iono, im lost of words right now bout my amp.
I told you it would be a sad day brah... :p

today i checked the guts but didnt even know wtf i would be looking for, the fuses looks good so yeah, thats the only thing i would know is defected or not. lol. but i did get a dmm today, dont know how the hell im posed to use it or how to read it. but yeah, guy who told me he'd help if i got a dmm, where you at playa?

i fixed itt!!!!!!!!!!!!! man im good, thanks for the help though guys. it does sound a lil different, i can kind of hear a screeching noise from by sub/box, it kind of sounds like it wants to whistle i think imma take some more time off later to seal all the little holes around my box with epoxy. it doesnt seem as loud also but i didnt really mess with the settings much i remember when i unhooked everything i put all the settings all the way to the left on all knobs, could somebdy help me with the freq htz? i really aint sure where its posed to go i move it around sometimes trying to hear a difference and i do hear a slight difference as im turning the knob but yeah, i dont even know what its posed to be on. or is it more of a preference thing?

lmao. yeah your right.

hahaha, it really was the dumbest **** again, more fuses. lmao. inside the amp though, when i looked at them they all looked fine but you cant really see too well from the top obviously, so yeah i looked at it real hard its kinda difficult to see in there and even harder to get out and i thought they were fine, last night while layin in bed i was lookin in the guts again lookin for anything i can see that looks a little off, i grabbed my girls tweezers and pulled out the fuses, they all looked alright still but i cracked one of em open for the **** of it, the middle part thats posed to pop had a little crack in between and once i seen that i mustve elbowed my broad in the head in celebration, lmao, i figured they were all like that so i just replaced all three fuses this morning. but yeah, thanks though eveyrbody..

and once i seen that i mustve elbowed my broad in the head in celebration, lmao, i figured they were all like that so i just replaced all three fuses this morning. but yeah, thanks though eveyrbody..
******* hilarious man, laughed very loud at this.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.