Amps wont turn on

Twista89
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Chicago
Ok after installing my second battery Ive seen to have run into a new problem. I try and turn my stereo system on with the car off and the amps like show a light for a second and then it dies out. If I turn my car on then they work perfectly though. Ive also installed a battery isolator that only engages when the first battery is over 13.2 volts. Does anyone know what the problem could be. When I first put the battery in without installing the isolator or hooking up the front battery the amps played fine off the battery in the trunk with the car off but now it doesnt want to turn on from the trunk battery with the car off...

OK it has the main connection connected to thefirst battery and the aux connected to the second battery and a ground wire connected to the negative of the battery up front the amps are wired directly to the second battery so they get there power from it and that battery charges off the Alt and first battery

if you would use a meter all could be solved...im writing my local board of education and asking for meter usage be added tothe shop class curriculam.

use a meter and trace you steps. meter the post on the iso. to the second battery. if not getting 12v check you wiring connections and go from there and look at the wiring diagram that come withthe iso. it should have one.

i found the problem the ground cable for the battery came out the crimp...fixed it and all is well again...

and i use a isolator because my front battery is a wet cell and the rear is AGM my rear sits around 13.2 while the front sits around 12.6 and I do play my music alot with the car off...so two perfectly good reasons to use a isolator...

Ive had to replace my front battery twice already since I started with car audio, Im just lucky I got to replace them both under warranty...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.