Amps with factory HU

Participant count
  • Participant list

shokaz

NC
I am wiring a mono and 2 channel amp to my factory HU in my 2014 Dodge Dart and am wondering what should I use as far as line drivers to make the connection? I have always had aftermarket radios so just ran RCA's but in my new dart it's just an 8" touch screen, I wouldn't even want to attempt changing that out.

either a Kicker ZXSum8 or Audiocontrol LC6i. you'll need to get a full range signal first than you can go into the 2 channel that out the 2 channel to the sub amp.

Thanks Fas, I'll look those up. I appreciate the feedback.

Looked it up on Amazon since I have Prime. Is there anything else I'll need with it besides the normal stuff? I'm assuming this is similar to the old Rockford 360's? Sorry for the noob questions never had a use for any of this stuff. This is what I'm looking at on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/AudioControl-2-Channel-Converter-Subwoofer-Control/dp/B004CTBYGE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1408160844&sr=8-3&keywords=Audiocontrol+LC6i

Thanks Fas, I'll look those up. I appreciate the feedback.
Looked it up on Amazon since I have Prime. Is there anything else I'll need with it besides the normal stuff? I'm assuming this is similar to the old Rockford 360's? Sorry for the noob questions never had a use for any of this stuff. This is what I'm looking at on Amazon:

Amazon.com: AudioControl LC2I 2-Channel Line Out Converter and Subwoofer Control: Electronics
it is not like the 360. these are just auto-summing line out converters, that's how you'll get a full range signal to the 2 channel, than you can use the output on the 2 channel to go into the sub amp.

Ive put amps on stock radios but this was many many years ago and I was getting noise in my sound. Probably not likely now a days with the new technology of today. Good luck and keep us posted. pics would be cool.

Hey, thanks again, Sounds easy enough. Looks like I'll order the audiocontrol and the install can be my project for next weekend. Ill be installing some Image Dynamics ctx65cs components in the front doors on a Boston Acoustics GT2125 amp. And a 12" sub that PSI build me from a TC9 motor on an MB Quart Onyx 1500.1D in 2.25@33 hz. Hopefully I'll be happy for at least a while.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.