Amp's on but no sound to sub

Participant count
  • Participant list
Pull the sub out of the box and look the woofer over, check your wire connections and the tinsel leads. Sounds like something may be loose or broke if it started to play when you pushed down on the cone. Check the voice coil with an ohm (multimeter) meter to see if it is around 4 ohm.

no multi-meter //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif..I upgraded my speaker wire to 12 gauge thinking it wasnt getting enough power, but my box terminals are too small to do anything with inside the box...im just giving up on DIY and taking it to a professional friday

Changing to thicker gauge wiring, spkr wire, isn't gonna solve the issue.

Sounds like something came lose within the enclosure. It's not hard to check instead of paying someone to do it for you.

On HU, make sure the sub output is on.

Changing to thicker gauge wiring, spkr wire, isn't gonna solve the issue.
Sounds like something came lose within the enclosure. It's not hard to check instead of paying someone to do it for you.

On HU, make sure the sub output is on.
LOL omg u may've nailed that., i knew a guy got new battery lost all his hu settings spent 2 days thinking his amp fried because of sub volume on hu...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.