amps dropping volume at higher power could it be my battery terminals?

Participant count
  • Participant list

slapaholic

im runnin a jl audio 1000/1 to an orion hcca 12" wired at 4 ohms. ive recently had the jl in for repair and i had to get my sub rebuilt because of the amp malfunctioning. the day after i installed my high output alternator and my brand new optima battery i was driving on the highway with the music up and suddenly i noticed the bass start to fluctuate volume. ive already done the big three and checked my grounds twice, but my battery terminals are in pretty cruddy shape. would replacing them take care of the problem? ive tried about everything else. also i have a planet audio 100x 4 powering my front components and this amp is unaffected when the volume on the jl audio starts to fluctuate

Replacing terminals probably wouldn't help much, wouldnt hurt tho. Dont those jl amps have a built in protection thing, like when it gets hot instead of shutting down, it will just regulate the output power, so you will get less bass? maybe?

could be. the amps not on long enough for it to overheat though. im wondering if it could be a problem with either the amp, subwoofer, or maybe the rcas, or the subwoofer output on my head unit. i guess ill just keep troubleshooting till i find out whats wrong.

could be. the amps not on long enough for it to overheat though. im wondering if it could be a problem with either the amp, subwoofer, or maybe the rcas, or the subwoofer output on my head unit. i guess ill just keep troubleshooting till i find out whats wrong.
you say the jl was in for repair? I would look there first try to pinpoint the issue maybe swap amps and see if it occurs with the other in it's place but my money's on there being something wrong with the jl.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.