Amplifier Won't Stay on.. HELP

CpsChase

I'm home rigging an old rockford fosgate 600x4 amplifier but I'm having trouble keeping the amp on, It will flash once when I turn my PSU power supply on and then turn off immediately. Here is my setup.. any help would be greatly appreciated

Need a new power supply.

Why am I seeing more and more people hooking up car audio inside homes? Just get some home audio....

If you got old amplifiers and subs sittin around might as well use em.
I know the feeling... this is an old Kicker L7-10 d2 with a 300 watt plate amp on the rear... it POUNDS!.. neighbors hate it when I jam out!

rRDTPtA.jpg

Try buying a cheap cap with volt meter it can help stabilize the power supply and help you keep an eye on your voltage.

is it protecting?

you could be hitting a current limit from the psu oh start up.

stick a battery on it to see if the amp stays on with no psu, then measure the voltage when you turn on the amp with the psu

MDF made computer desk?!
Yeah... It was the first thing I built after I had a stroke and was released from the hospital... I couldn't use my hands well yet and it was a Doctor suggestion to work on some projects... I built it out of old shelves and did not have to trim any so there ARE some BIG gaps... I'm sitting in front of it now... LOL!.. it IS ugly isn't it?

Yeah... It was the first thing I built after I had a stroke and was released from the hospital... I couldn't use my hands well yet and it was a Doctor suggestion to work on some projects... I built it out of old shelves and did not have to trim any so there ARE some BIG gaps... I'm sitting in front of it now... LOL!.. it IS ugly isn't it?
Heh, whatever works for ya until your able to improve it. Back at my old place, I had a 8w3 under the clear glass we used as a computer desk.

But that large sub enclosure looks to be in the way where your feet/legs would normally go.

Heh, whatever works for ya until your able to improve it. Back at my old place, I had a 8w3 under the clear glass we used as a computer desk.
But that large sub enclosure looks to be in the way where your feet/legs would normally go.
Yeah...LOL!... Bass does require Some sacrifices... The keyboard sticks out and my it's actually a perfect setup... but I'm only 6 feet tall

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.