Amplifier troubles

Participant count
  • Participant list

juananomos

Alright, story time. The other day i took my sub and amp out of my trunk so i could get under the carpet to do some de-rusting, and after that was done i put the sub and amp back in. While putting the wires back in i made a few mistakes. First of all, i forgot to remove the fuse at the battery. I realized this when the ground and 12v accidentally touched, resulting in a flash of green sparks. The same sparking happened twice more when a wire brushed against the chrome plate on my amp. But what i think really did it was when i mistakenly tried to put the ground wire in the 12v terminal and vice versa, which also caused sparking. Pretty stupid of me, i know, but i'm new to this so please forgive me. When i went to turn on my car to make sure the sub and amp would work, surprise, they didn't. The amp lit up for a couple seconds, then went off and hasn't come back on since. If anybody can help me diagnose and/or fix this problem, i would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.