Amplifier/Sub Issue

Participant count
  • Participant list

smms25
10+ year member

Okay , so I installed my amplifier and sub into my mazda3 today.

List of Equipment:

Alpine MRD-301 Mono amp

12" MTX 4500 SVC sub

Navone Engineering Line out converter

- I installed the amp, no problem. Powers up fine, 12.1 volts to it, no error codes nothing

Issue: the sub has barely ANY output, I put my ear right on it and it makes some strange noise, hard to explain but it is responding to bass, but its very very quiet.

Any ideas?

- my thought: bad speaker wire connectors (i had to use some old terminals to the amp (not high quality either) and the speaker terminal on my box *****,

so should I start there?

I also have a crap load of extra rca, so I just coiled it up under the seat, could this cause any issues??

Did you double check to make sure line out converter is not wired out of phase? Or are subs possibly out of phase? Is there a level adjustment on L.O.C.?

**edited** sorry guys, only one subwoofer

I made sure all my positives were to positives and all that

The LOC does have adjustments but they set to maximum from the factory, I was told to leave those alone

Check the input sensitivity switch. Then check to make sure the subsonic filter is set lower than your low pass filter and that they arent close to the same freq.

Which amp do you have? In your first post you said it was the 301 but you posted a manual for the 300? The 301 has a switch the adjust the input sensitivity (input level). Did you check what freq's your LPF and Subsonic filters were set at?

Okay, its the MRD-300, sorry about the confusion,

I havent checked the frequencies yet, I definately will, just wanted to clear up what this input sensitivity was.... so yeah MRD-300, is the amp, powering MTX 4512-04 12" sub...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.