Amplifier Questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

GhostM4A1

WI
Hi, I was looking to buy a nice 15 inch subwoofer for my car. I was looking at the power acoustik 154x. It's a dual 4 ohm. RMS : 1700watts and peak is 3000. I was thinking of doing a mono amp.

Would this be a good choice its also made by the same brand. https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_112713_Power-Acoustik-BAMF1-8000D.html

Also, I have another question. If installing a mono amp, do I have to get rid of my factory amp? How would my 4 door speakers get any power? Do I keep my stock amp alone and then add an additional mono amp? and then run it to the sub?

Another quick question, if I'm going to add this power and bass to my car, do I need to get another car battery? Or is that not even necessary?

Don't bother getting that sub...it's junk so is the amp.

2nd thing. Sonic lately has had a lot of customer issues. So ordering from them may take time, items may not be in stock as it says, etc.

Yes the factory amp will need to be disconnected if your planning on running aftermarket car audio stuff.

What car are we talking about here?

Don't bother getting that sub...it's junk so is the amp.
2nd thing. Sonic lately has had a lot of customer issues. So ordering from them may take time, items may not be in stock as it says, etc.

Yes the factory amp will need to be disconnected if your planning on running aftermarket car audio stuff.

What car are we talking about here?
Well, if I get a mono amp... that's only 1 channel right? So If the amp is only giving the sub power, how do the speakers work? lol.

If both of those items are junk, what's the best 15 inch I should get and best mono amp for it. I looked up best 15 inch subs and Power Acoustik was like the first one to pop up... along with kicker...

Well, if I get a mono amp... that's only 1 channel right? So If the amp is only giving the sub power, how do the speakers work? lol.
If both of those items are junk, what's the best 15 inch I should get and best mono amp for it. I looked up best 15 inch subs and Power Acoustik was like the first one to pop up... along with kicker...
wow i just posted this on another thread about same stuff anyway., look at sundown audio.com look at sundown E to start then SA thats a real sub.. rf makes a really nice 750 and 1200d amp.. u can keep factory hu for now it will still power your speakers unless it ***** now then get a new one kenwood 301 i just installed is most awesome thing i've seen $119 and it has hp xovers so speakers don't distort at high volume.. so now u tell us how much $ u can spend total and well see what u should get 1st.. if factory hu sounds good then u use line output convertor (loc) to run rca from it to amp., get decent mono amp based on power sub u want requires and what u can afford and well, u can run like a real 3k watt amp on stock electrical so things like that prevent massive amps at 1st., look at sundown and FU 750 subs so u see good stuff and get back to us..

[quote name='GhostM4A1']@BOOMINGRANDPA

Im interested in the sundown x-8 v2 D2.

Would this box work? Custom Ported Sub Box Enclosure for 1 8" Sundown X-8 REV.2 Subwoofer - 32 Hz | eBay

Also, what amp should I get? The x8 v2 d2 is RMS: 750watts Dual 4ohm[/QUOTE]
link don't work idk why they ain't working anymore..ok i see u looking for box (thought u were using factory location in the pm reply) if u gonna get a box i'd get a 10 sa .. do u have space concerns? the 2 prefab boxes i've seen on ebay that are tuned correctly are some of the ground shakers with round ports (maybe the 1 u talking about) and ones from brightstar (thats what my box is) they may not be perfect but they aren't horrible like the rest of them., the 1 i found is $109 round port it looks like its done well and the brightstar 8 box is .75 cf only tuned to 37hz (probably u 39hz after sub displacement) $55 but port is only 1" wide but most 8 boxes may have 1" port idk just make sure it get at least recomened air space and not tuned above like 38hz... and yes 32hz is what lots of peeps here like but u maybe better off 35-40hz for most music unless u want crazy sq if so go low.. the ppi1k would work good for sa

Last edited by a moderator:
You can add a subwoofer amp without taking out your factory amp. Your factory amp would run whatever speakers it is running now and you would add the sub amp to the system with either a hi-low converter or some sort of processor. Most amps now days have hi-low converters built in.

Don't buy that gear(power acoustic). If your going to spend money but some decent gear from a well known major brand. Spend the extra money you'll thank yourself in the long run.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.