Amplifier problem!

Participant count
  • Participant list

giants95

texas
Hey guys hows it going? This is my first posting here so im not sure if this is the right place, but i need some help. I bought a Sony XM-GS100 GS Series Class D Subwoofer Amplifier with 2 sony gs 12s in a pro box. My amplifier did great in the beginning and now it has its bad days. My bass with will be hitting hard and then all of a sudden it feels like the bass gets cut in half and will sometimes stay that way unless i turn up the head unit. I dont know why its doing this but its getting to the point where its pissing me off. What could it be? is it because my amplifier is bad? or something else like wiring? I've already replaced the amplifier about 2 months ago with a new one. This loss of power happens at random times and i took it to a professional and they said they could find nothing wrong but they went ahead and replaced the amplifier(so they said).

Any help is appreciated thanks!

how do you have your subs wired up?

i wouldnt see why it would be voltage drops your not pulling that much current from that amp.

what car and how big of alt you have.

check your ground wires and power wires.

you may have a bad ground

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.