amplifier powered by cigarette lighter

Rsx_03
10+ year member

LoW aNd sLoW
miami
i want to splice my rear cigarette lighter and put my speaker amp under my seat,

how much rms could i get out of it, i have a 2 ch 20 rms @ 4 ohm (40rms@4ohm) and a 2 ch 40 rms @ 4 ohm amp (80rms@4ohm), im pretty sure it would be enough power since i see power inverters for like 150 watts

yea i didnt think it was a good idea, cause my carputer is under my front seat and i dont want to run cables all over cause i havnt ordered my power cables and distribution blocks, im waiting untill i get some money for my bass, i just want this to hold me off till i get my 4002 or some other 100rmsx2 amp and then im putting it in the trunk

Probably not the best idea, but you could try it - worst case you will possible pop some fuses.

For some period of time I ran a 50x2 amp off a factory power wire that was fused with a 15 amp fuse. That particular amp I was using would draw a max of 20 amps if running a 2 ohm load. I was running a 4 ohm load and it worked fine. It was only temporary and got the job done.

i cancled that idea .. got 4awg knuz kollusus to the back with distri for my amp and 8awg eco for my carputer

thanks for the help anyways

i've done it before //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

for a couple weeks i got a cheap inverter from PE and ran a 150 or 200W plate amp with it.

didn't sound half bad either. but the sub i used had no xmax so i'm sure i never drove it anywhere near 200W. btw, didn't pop any fuses.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.