amplifier occilation

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jeff1013

FL
hey, ive got a 400 watt Jensing amp, and a cheap 250 watt roadshit amp, ive got 2 RF 12 inch subs, that used to be hooked up to the jensing amp, but all of a sudden the jensing started occelating or "motorboating" so i had to hook up my subs to the POS amp, ive lost alot of power because of this, if anyone knows how i can eliminate the occilation so i can hook my subs back up to the good 400 watt amp i would really appreciate the help.

sounds like you blew it, i blew one of my old planet audio amps, (not my fault, it just decided it was time) and it sounded like it was gonna take off and fly out of my car, then it stunk reeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaalllllly bad....but luckily 3 year over the counter warranty saved my ass...

What's the impedance of the subs? If they're the same as your mids, then it's a mystery to me too. If the subs total 2 ohms and the mids are 4 ohms, it's not the same load so the amp could have internal issues that make it oscillate with lower impedance.

Make sure your power and ground to the amp is solid. I'd even take a voltmeter to it when it's oscillating just to be sure. Try playing a different source through it, like a portable CD player or something. You gotta isolate the problem to either the amp or something else.

thanks man, ill try some of those suggestions, but i dont think it's the impedance, because the amp i have it hooked up to now, is a POS, and it's running the subs parallel atm, not sure what thier impedance is though, ill have to check, thanks again.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.