Amplifier keeps going into safety

First I have two audiopipe BD-TXX 10s in a ported box, Audiopipe 1500.1D Amp. I have the amps gain set about a quarter up with no Subsonic filtering or bass boost. I have done some troubleshooting already and have yet to still come up with a solution(maybe Amp cant supply enough power to both subs?). But here's what i first did. I tried hooking up one sub individually to see if the subs may be causing the issue, Both subs worked fine and was able to turn the volume to 100 percent of my normal volume set which around 15 or 16 on my radio. I then thought that maybe it was a bad ground. So i spent some time and rewired by having my Sub amp grounded to my car in another spot instead of running it to a capacitor(capacitor is grounded to chassis). I have done some research possible thinking that I may not have a big enough wire? I am running 4awg power and ground as well as an extra ground from my battery to my chassis. totalling 4 grounds(4awg). So right now. I'm stumped on what else may be the issue, also the stereo equipment was bought all at once around 4 months ago with the exception of one sub, i originally only had one sub.

One each sub i have on two voice coils, wires going to the other terminals on the sub which is going to the terminals to the box and then to each channel on the amp. (amp is bridgeable, or two pairs of outputs) if thats what you mean.

Last edited by a moderator:
One each sub i have on two voice coils, wires going to the other terminals on the sub which is going to the terminals to the box and then to each channel on the amp. (amp is bridgeable, or two pairs of outputs) if thats what you mean.
Subwoofer Wiring Diagrams

use that put your speaker quantity and what voice coils they are and it will give you a picture you can follow prolly easier to see it than you explaining hat you have and us telling you what it needs to be

Go back and check your VC configuration and wiring. I agree with the others above that you are likely wired for a lower impedance than your amps can handle.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.