Amplifier Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

clemson27

#AintLoud
Indiana
I have an Audiopipe APMI 2000 watt amp. Running two American Bass VFL 8's. Currently they are wired up at 4ohms (770 rms). I have them in a Ported box tuned to 41hz.

The problem is they play the high notes really loud, and dont play much of the low bass. The low pass filter is set around 80hz. As far as the Subsonic Filter, I have ZERO idea on where to set that at. It can be set off-45hz. Where should that be according to my box tuning?

I have tried and tried to tune it and it just sounds like sh*t. The head unit EQ's are all flat. The DMM says its wired correctly at 4ohms.

What could possible be wrong here? Any advice on how to tune this amp would be great!! Thanks

I have an Audiopipe APMI 2000 watt amp. Running two American Bass VFL 8's. Currently they are wired up at 4ohms (770 rms). I have them in a Ported box tuned to 41hz.
The problem is they play the high notes really loud, and dont play much of the low bass. The low pass filter is set around 80hz. As far as the Subsonic Filter, I have ZERO idea on where to set that at. It can be set off-45hz. Where should that be according to my box tuning?

I have tried and tried to tune it and it just sounds like sh*t. The head unit EQ's are all flat. The DMM says its wired correctly at 4ohms.

What could possible be wrong here? Any advice on how to tune this amp would be great!! Thanks
Most likely

Your box is poor

You need to wire to 1 ohm

your box orientation might not be facing the best possible wall to load off of.

Alright, so I wired it down to 1 ohm, set the SS to around 30hz, and tuned everything else. It still sounded like sh*t. I have a factory radio, and I use a Rockford Fosgate Line Driver. Tapped into left and right speaker wire, then obviously ran RCA's from the Line Driver to the amp. I unplugged one of the RCA's at the amp and all of a sudden it plays correctly, and sounds amazing. I'm fairly new to the car audio world but this makes no sense to me at all. How could unplugging one RCA at the amp make such a huge difference?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.