Amplifier Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

hardcloud

Hi All,

Just wondering if I could grab your help on something please? I'm installing a 4 channel Amp and am using a 4 gauge amplifier installation kit. I want to amplify my front and rear speakers with an after-market head unit. Do I have to connect my amp to all 4 of my speakers or is there some kind of short cut that I can use? Also, with my aftermarket head-unit I only have 1 set of RCA outputs. Don't I need 2 for a 4 channel amp with 4 speakers? Do i need a Single female - Double male RCA connector to plug into the amp or can I just use the single pair of RCA's?

Your advice would be great,

Thanks

Hi All,
Just wondering if I could grab your help on something please? I'm installing a 4 channel Amp and am using a 4 gauge amplifier installation kit. I want to amplify my front and rear speakers with an after-market head unit. Do I have to connect my amp to all 4 of my speakers or is there some kind of short cut that I can use? Also, with my aftermarket head-unit I only have 1 set of RCA outputs. Don't I need 2 for a 4 channel amp with 4 speakers? Do i need a Single female - Double male RCA connector to plug into the amp or can I just use the single pair of RCA's?

Your advice would be great,

Thanks
I recommend using all 4 channels unless you want to bridge the amp to run the fronts only. Yes you can use a Y splitter, or if you have a preout on the amp you can run the rcas from the hu to the front input and run a jumper set from the preout to the rear input.

I recommend using all 4 channels unless you want to bridge the amp to run the fronts only. Yes you can use a Y splitter, or if you have a preout on the amp you can run the rcas from the hu to the front input and run a jumper set from the preout to the rear input.

Thanks for that. Is this what you meant by the Y connector?

And with this setup compared to just using my headunit with my speakers will it make a big difference using an amp?

Headunit: Sony DSXA40UI 220W Media Receiver with iPod/iPhone Control

Amp: JVC 600W KS-AX204

Front (splits); Sony XSN1620 Full Range Component Speakers

Rear; Sony XS-GTF1638 16cm GTF Series Speaker

Also another question, with my front split will i need to using the box thing that comes with the splits? Or will I just twist together the + and - from the tweeter and front speaker and connect directly to amp?

thanks

Thanks for that. Is this what you meant by the Y connector?
And with this setup compared to just using my headunit with my speakers will it make a big difference using an amp?

Headunit: Sony DSXA40UI 220W Media Receiver with iPod/iPhone Control

Amp: JVC 600W KS-AX204

Front (splits); Sony XSN1620 Full Range Component Speakers

Rear; Sony XS-GTF1638 16cm GTF Series Speaker

Also another question' date=' with my front split will i need to using the box thing that comes with the splits? Or will I just twist together the + and - from the tweeter and front speaker and connect directly to amp?

thanks[/quote']

You need 2 of these

---------- Post added at 07:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 AM ----------

http://www.amazon.com/Monster-ILJRY-1-Single-Female-Y-Adapter/dp/B00006346W

The box thing is the crossover. Yes use it
With the tweeter, my car already had splits, so it already has two separate power supplies to the tweeter and woofer. How will that connect to the head unit, will they just combine into one once it reaches the head unit or will i need to use the box thing at the head unit where I will have my 16 gauge speaker wire from my amp?

With the tweeter, my car already had splits, so it already has two separate power supplies to the tweeter and woofer. How will that connect to the head unit, will they just combine into one once it reaches the head unit or will i need to use the box thing at the head unit where I will have my 16 gauge speaker wire from my amp?
Use the wire that's for the kids that's stock. Add the box there. Then split to the tweeter and new miss

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.