Amplifier Cooling

jrcoffman

I'm concerned about cooling for my amps. To give an idea on what I want to do...my 97 S10 has a crawl thru cab and bed, the bed is topped with a solid sided fiberglass cap. I plan on enclosing the wheel well area of the bed sides. Ahead of the wheel wells I'm going to enclose that area to create boxes for my subs. 12's at the bottom, and 10's above them. So from the wheel wells back on each side of the bed, I'll have an enclosed area where I would like to put the amps. With the amps hidden in these spaces, how can I sufficiently keep the amps cool? I'm only planning on 3 amps. One thought I had was a couple small exhaust fans blowing the warm air out of the enclosed areas into the center of the bed. I'm open to all thoughts and suggestions here. Thanks.

More importantly, why do you want to run multiple sized subwoofers?
10's will be in their own enclosures as will the 12's. The 12's will be part of the headunits stereo system, the 10's will be part of the sound system for the DVD.

10's will be in their own enclosures as will the 12's. The 12's will be part of the headunits stereo system, the 10's will be part of the sound system for the DVD.
so your saying your using the 10s as your mid bass?...

i added this optional fan to my amp for cooling ...I just removed 4 screws and the stock plate and there was a plug on the board for the fan .....I hooked it up and it is good to go now....

zxzdei002.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.