Amplifier Choices

timma100
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
When I get home from this deployment I'm looking to spend roughly $850 on a new amplifier. Currently I have a Zv.4 15 with dual 1ohm coils, and a BC2000D at .5 ohm. I plan to upgrade to a NightShade v.3 dual 2ohm at some point in the future. So here are some options I'm considering.

1, Second BC2000D and have a 2ohm total load bridged between the two. (this will save lots of money)

2, Banda Viking 7k 1Ohm version, will work at 2ohm for Zv.4 and 1ohm for the NightShade

3, BC3500D at .5 Ohm then 1ohm for the NightShade (Don't think it will be enough power for the nightshade)

4, idk

So after looking at Taramps selection I see that the Bass 12K is the only option in my power range. Is there any word on release date/price id assume around $1k which isnt out of the question.

The bass 12k is amazing. I'm now out of car audio for a little while but those amps will take over. I give my word..
It does look to be exactly what I am looking for, however after looking deeper into my other choices I mentioned I don't think the Viking series would match well with a Sundown Z or Nightshade for that matter. Their frequency response is 25Hz-8KHz so its full range in my opinion. I need an amp thats

It does look to be exactly what I am looking for, however after looking deeper into my other choices I mentioned I don't think the Viking series would match well with a Sundown Z or Nightshade for that matter. Their frequency response is 25Hz-8KHz so its full range in my opinion. I need an amp thats
Most sources don't play under 20hz well.

Why 4k at 2 ohm? A dual 2 sub will be wired at 1 ohm. A HD8k will easily do 4k and then some at 1 ohm.

We deal in both Taramp's (brazilian) and Alphard (korean) amplifiers.

The Bass 12k we have MAPped through our dealer network for $1399.

Pay no attention that Banda and Taramp's are near full range. They have been used for subwoofer installs for years in the US.

To answer your amp choices with a budget of around $850-

Taramp's HD8000 eX would fit that budget.

Alphard 5500d would almost fit that budget. We can squeeze it out for probably under $1k. Alphard amps use same board as DD(at least their 12k amp is known to be the same) but Alphard has much more custom mods done to it even as low as their 2k amp.

So, i've expanded the conversation some. What do you think?

There is a TON of Taramp's products in stock right now so immediate shipping through one of our dealers is possible.

We deal in both Taramp's (brazilian) and Alphard (korean) amplifiers.
The Bass 12k we have MAPped through our dealer network for $1399.

Pay no attention that Banda and Taramp's are near full range. They have been used for subwoofer installs for years in the US.

To answer your amp choices with a budget of around $850-

Taramp's HD8000 eX would fit that budget.

Alphard 5500d would almost fit that budget. We can squeeze it out for probably under $1k. Alphard amps use same board as DD(at least their 12k amp is known to be the same) but Alphard has much more custom mods done to it even as low as their 2k amp.

So, i've expanded the conversation some. What do you think?

There is a TON of Taramp's products in stock right now so immediate shipping through one of our dealers is possible.

What are some mods done to alphards amps? They look nice.

If anyone wants me to caliper them so it doesn't sound like these are magical, i can, but a local customer of ours was able to insert 4/0 welding cable into each of the power/ground terminals without modifying the terminals..

I know you can do that with 3/0 cable on most korean amps but not 4/0 so I believe they are using oversized terminals.. but i can't verify that unless i caliper them.

So besides that,-

They use remote in and remote out terminals for better cosmetic wiring.

They have an onboard clip limiter function on the amplifier which, if turned on, restricts THD above 5%.

Their remote gain control has all of the following features-

Remote gain, Remote voltage monitoring, Remote temperature monitoring, Visual clipping light, Audible clipping light

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.