Amplifier blown

Spenser

I was just listen to music in my car running my jensen JXP460 amplifier to one 12 at 4ohm when the whole car just surged and the amp started smoking like crazy. I took the casings off and i found that a couple of the heatsinks (i don't know if theyre exactly the heatsinks) but they are the things (can you tell i don't know much about this) that are clamped down into the metal casing. The amp has thermal and overload pertection and i've ran it like this before and have had it get so hot that it burns u when u touch it..so i don't really know why it would just blow..If any one can help me out with this itd be a big help. Thx

supraman1379
10+ year member

Lifted 03 HEMI
Ocala, Fl
Some amps will just all of a sudden blow out, but it has to have a power surge to do it. Cause i just blew up my profile by dropping the power wire onto it while it had juice coming to it.lol. But heres what i think you should do......If you just got the amp and you have a waranty onit, have them replace it for you. But if not, i dont think you should bother fixing it, its just as good to buy a new one and get a warranty like i have on my new amp. I got a 4 year warranty on mine so if anything happens to it, im covered.

Eston

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.