ampere 3800 or soundqubed 3500

Participant count
  • Participant list

Lschevelle
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
LA.
Which of these amps do you guys think is the better buy? efficiency, output build quality, and customer service..and is there any other amp that compare? i know sq is about to release the 4500 but after reading a couple threads about them they put out power just not clean power

Which of these amps do you guys think is the better buy? efficiency, output build quality, and customer service..and is there any other amp that compare? i know sq is about to release the 4500 but after reading a couple threads about them they put out power just not clean power
Just pick whatever is cheapest. You will not notice a diff audibly ..i like the sq dual inputs and mine has treated me great for years ..the aa3800 is a saz3500 so pick ur poison

I like the specs on the sq 4500..putting out over 5500 but that comes with 10% thd
if you want something with low THD, you need to get a 7k amp and run the gain to the point where there's no distortion. Head room is the way to go if you are really finnicky about it. Bass is generally disortion anyways You wont notice when you are past 1% distortion.

96% chance I'll be running three 2500 rms subs and I'm sure I can get more power from two 4500 watt amps and probably still come out cheaper

96% chance I'll be running three 2500 rms subs and I'm sure I can get more power from two 4500 watt amps and probably still come out cheaper
Generally in the classifieds, 4500 watt amps cost around 700-800 7-8k amps cost around 1-1.2k. That skar amp listed is borderline crackhead prices. You can even go brazilian which is a taramps 10k for around 900$ shipped factory direct.

I like the specs on the sq 4500..putting out over 5500 but that comes with 10% thd
If u push any amp as hard as they did to get the 5500 out the sq u will be at 10%thd or more ....it will do rated at a much lower thd and still put out more power than the aa3800 ...but if i planned on running 3 2500rms subs id be looking at 2 of the type of anps ur looking into that being said just pick ur fav

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.