Amp wont turn on

Dustin Denner

Ola' everybody I am in need of some assistance and I was recommend by a friend to come here since you guys are the best.

My amp doesnt turn on anymore. These are the things I have checked.

• Fuse under the hood is good(according to my MM)
  • Fuse in the amp is good(according to my MM)
  • There is power going into the cap (about 12-14v)
  • There is power going from the cap into the amp

I checked and made sure all the connections were tight and they were. So at this point Im not sure where to go. I have ordered a new fuse for my amp just in case, but since I live in the middle of nowhere in Europe it might take a few weeks to get to me. So in the meantime is there anything else I should be checking for? Or can check for?

Okay I wrote a post but since I included a link the mods have to approve it. Anywho I dont know much about cars or audio equipment so Im trying to shift through all this information. I checked the remote wire by the amp and I got 11.5-12v. I cant find the remote wire going into the radio too many wires. imgur (dot) com /a/6Bm4d maybe you can look at the pictures and see.

If the H fuse near the power terminals is good; open it up (if no warranty) and see if it blew a mosfet or burned a cap (look for swollen caps) burn marks ect.

I'm guessing its bad; since you have 12v+ to the remote wire; you're ok; you can bypass it by putting the +12v to the remote wire terminal; but its not necessary

If the H fuse near the power terminals is good; open it up (if no warranty) and see if it blew a mosfet or burned a cap (look for swollen caps) burn marks ect.
I'm guessing its bad; since you have 12v+ to the remote wire; you're ok; you can bypass it by putting the +12v to the remote wire terminal; but its not necessary
I dont get the first part

Also how do you bypass the remote wire terminal? Sorry for all the questions

spellitout4u.jpg

yes; and what he said ^. open it up and check for burnt mosfets; make sure that fuse is good, if that is a fuse; It should be a simple car fuse, slow blow; you can see if its broken.

even smell it; if you know the smell of burnt electronics; you can pick up the scent quite easily; it is a very distinct burnt plastic like smell.

if you have+12 volts at the remote wire which you said you did then bypassing the remote wire is worthless.

seems that your amp is no good anymore, happens to us all.

Easy way to find out the amp even powers up that i have always done is straight off of the battery by wiring the remote together with the power wire and ground the amp at the frame or? and see if it lights up. at least you know it will come on and power up and go from there.I usually dont even use a fuse in line just straight to the battery post and make sure it grounds. I do this on alot of amps that ive even gotten from pawn shops just to see if it works or not.Been doing this for over twenty years works every time!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.