Amp won't turn on, please help!

elrobzo

Hi there

I have had a sound system in my car for nearly a year now. It consists of 2x 6x9 vibe speakers and a pioneer sub. The sub runs off a JBL amp and the speakers run off another amp.

It has run perfectly for nearly a year but the other day I found that I had a flat battery. I had not left anything on, so had a fiddle with some wires going to the amp (presuming that this had something to do with it).

Since this point my amp will not even light up, and I have reduced the set up to just having the jbl sub connected to the pioneer amp (it still won't turn on).

I have checked fuses, remote wire, power cable and the ground and they all appear to be alright.

This is so so so frustrating, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks

Rob

Hi thereI have had a sound system in my car for nearly a year now. It consists of 2x 6x9 vibe speakers and a pioneer sub. The sub runs off a JBL amp and the speakers run off another amp.

It has run perfectly for nearly a year but the other day I found that I had a flat battery. I had not left anything on, so had a fiddle with some wires going to the amp (presuming that this had something to do with it).

Since this point my amp will not even light up, and I have reduced the set up to just having the jbl sub connected to the pioneer amp (it still won't turn on).

I have checked fuses, remote wire, power cable and the ground and they all appear to be alright.

This is so so so frustrating, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks

Rob
Get a multimeter and make sure you have 12v on the power wire and remote wire.

your fuse or connection is bad....your fuse might look okay but its prib bad

he's got a good point on the fuse "looking" good

i'm kind of new to this but i have been wiring custom made motorcycles with my dad since i was a kid

they will look good and fine but what iit is is they will bust right up against the end where you cant see the bust in the fuse

he's got a good point on the fuse "looking" goodi'm kind of new to this but i have been wiring custom made motorcycles with my dad since i was a kid

they will look good and fine but what iit is is they will bust right up against the end where you cant see the bust in the fuse
x2.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.