Amp wont power up..

Junglistjed

Basically the title, the remote cable , ground cable and power cable are all connected

i have used a multimeter to check voltage and here is what i found

one prong on ground, one prong on power and got 12v

one prong on ground, one prong on remote and got 11

so am honestly clueless as to why it wont work (i got it to power up a few days ago but it hasnt come on since)

im using 0awg power cable

if u got a friend with subs in his car ask him to hook it up in there and see if it powers up, if it does u got an electrical problem, if it does not u got an amp problem....good place to start off trouble shooting

ill see if i can sort that yeah, basically - it wasnt working on my $400 pioneer HU so i switched to my old $80 HU and the amp turnt on but now it doesnt even come on with that, have i shorted something do you think ?

mabey thata why i suggested trying someone elses car that way u can find out if ur amp needs repair or if the amp is fine and somethings wrong with ur cars HU or wireing thats causeing the amp to not turn on

amp is powered up! had to connect the remote wire to a yellow one as it wasnt getting power from the HU remote , not all i need to know is what i shiuld have the settings on! amps got these controls

level, subsonic, bass boost, LPF 50Hz to 250Hz, H.P.F 80Hz to 1.2Hz

im powering 2 x hifonics brutus - 12SQD4

12" DVC 4 Ω 1200 W MAXX 600 W RMS

they are dual coil

amp is powered up! had to connect the remote wire to a yellow one as it wasnt getting power from the HU remote , not all i need to know is what i shiuld have the settings on! amps got these controls
level, subsonic, bass boost, LPF 50Hz to 250Hz, H.P.F 80Hz to 1.2Hz

im powering 2 x hifonics brutus - 12SQD4

12" DVC 4 Ω 1200 W MAXX 600 W RMS

they are dual coil
Well, assuming you know what your doing wiring those DVC subs up to your amp (if not just say so), and since you didn't actually specify what amp or load you will be running off it, those settings really depend on what you're doing. If you're feeding your amp a LPF signal from the deck, I would turn on the LPF and leave open it all the way up to like 200 or 250 hz. HPF shouldn't matter as you shouldn't be running high pass anything on subs. lol they're subs not speakers. Bass boost is basically gain, set that accordingly with your system zeroed out and adjust from there. Subsonic is just to keep you from destroying your subs on a note you can't even hear. Somewhere between 15-20 hz should be fine if you like barely audible lows but don't want to blow anything. If you like it low but not THAT low, 25hz would most likely be playing it safe. Not sure if this helps, but you didn't give me a lot to go off of. Also, I'm just a college kid that's into this stuff as a hobby so no gurantees all my info is good.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.