amp wiring

• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 9
  • Views 951
You guys are probally american so the equipment might have some slight differences with mine, but here goes:

I own a Fiat Uno (small european car) and have the following build in:

Kenwood KMD- PS971R Radio-MD with two Alpine V12 F407 amplifiers connected to the kenwood radio (each on one line out), my pioneer 100w woofer is connected through a splitter from line out 1.

All plays well but when i start my car and give a bit of gas i can hear it over the speakers, i tried filtering it out but somehow i cant filter it out. I've been to several audio stores and some of them told me the RCA ports of my radio are broken, others said that my alpine ports are broken and a thirth party blaimed the dynamo of the car itself... I was hoping that someone experienced this and also found a solution to it.

Hoping to hear from somebody,

Patrick / Holland

hey...

are your power wires and everything grounded correctly?

if they arent, you could be getting the feedback from that..

my friend has a nissan 240sx, an his wires arent grounded properly, and when he revs the engine or accelerates quickly, it sounds like he has a turbo....sounds like a turbo spooling up...lol

hope this helps..

i was wondering... does it really matter on what kind of amp kit u guy?? i mean, some of the kits get up to about 200$!@.. lol maybe its just me but i dont want to fork out a couple hundred on some dang wireing... but anyways.. does it matter if i buy a cheasy kit .. or a ritcheously bad ass kit.. any help will be much obliged...thx:D

Hrm, the wiring i used (caliber) costed around 600$, this was the lineout, b+, grounds safety blocks and add. battery cell.

The post about the ground might be something because i also have that wicked turbo sound and some other scramblings, i currently might have bad groundings because i used a bolt in the backsite of the trunk for grounding, if you know a better way/place PLEASE tell me couz the turbo's are killing me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Btw, coming back on the wiring kit...

I used to have other cabling sets in my car on the same equipment i had and it didnt became as clear as it should, this is what i used:

Normal powercables (1mm O) instead of current Caliber (10mm O glitched)

Real cheasy lineout set (2 times 1mm O on normal tulip) instead of current Caliber (2 times 8mm O with golded ends)

After replacing the cables i lost some ticks and high end scramblings so that helped a lot, next thing i did was replace any connector block with a golded safety switches block (*dont know the right english word*) and ofcourse the battery plugs itself are replaced with golded ones, after doing that i lost all noises (except the turbo sound) and everything became clear.

I think if you ask anybody who has a fair installation in his car if cables matter then his answer would be a big YES !

If you'r aiming for big power (good med/high with full base) then i wouldnt invest a whole lot for cabling nor for amplifiers, just buy / have a decent radio that gives a good 40w+ output and connect your speakers to that filtering all bass out, in your trunk just put an xplod or pioneer woofer with build-in amp (100w = 106db +/-), you'll find out that you'll gain a huge amount of pure and solid power without any distortions //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Anyway, when you get at a point where you use either a real amplifier (2 or more ports) you should put in the right cables //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

For the people with the engine noise (turbo noise). Did you make sure that the RCA cables are running on the opposite side of the car as the remote? one running on passenger side one on driver. A lot of noise can be generated by this if your RCA cable are not very high quality, or very expensive. Also try different grounds.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

I have highend rca cables so this should be ok.

Í'm happy to inform you guys that i fixed the problem, there was a cable running from my battery into my engine core, after cleaning that cable and its connection blocks AND by grounding my engine hood the sound is gone ! ! !

Not sure which part solved it, my best guess is grounds

Thanks for all your help //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I'm going to buildin the whole pack this week (its already in but its on a plain plate against the back of the rearcouch) into covered glas looking plates and ****, i'll post a pic when its done, cant wait to hear your opinions //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

peace

BIG PS: You'll notice that even if the tuning sound dissappears you'll have a lot of static electricity on your car chassis, solve it with a caliber LT2 filter

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.