amp wiring please i need help

cmp69
10+ year member

Ma
i dont have much money, and i know pretty much how to wire things there is just a few questions, ok heres wut i have, i have a jbl bp 1200.1 and 2 12 inch audiobahn aw1200x's they are rated at 700 watts rms each and work at 2 or 8 ohms, my question is, can i wire these 2 subs so i get a total of a 2 ohm load so i get 600 watts to each sub..the help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

If these are dual 2 ohm voice coil subs, in order to wire them to end up with a 2 ohm load, you wire in series/parallel---- Amp positive goes to 1 positive on each sub the amp negative goes to 1 negative of each of the opposite voice coils, then on each woofer, you connect a positive from one coil to the negative of the other coil...that should give you your 2 ohm load

If they are dual 4 ohm voice coils, its a bit easier, you just wire it in parallel----Amp negative to one voice coil's negative and then connect to the other negative then Amp positive to one coil's positive, then connect to other positive

If the subs are 6, 8, or dual 1 ohm let me know and I can explain any of those to ya

Sorry if this is hard to understand, it is now 7 am and I haven't gotten to sleep yet

JELLYDIME

yeah my subs have dual 4 ohm voice coils so when i wire these in parallel ill get a 2 ohm load right. well get back to me thanks alot

Yes 2 4 ohm will = 2 ohm load in parallel

i think in series it would = 8 ohm but I havent the foggiest about that //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.