Amp went into protect

What are you wired to and whats your electrical like. How where the gains set. Did you verify that its the amp and not the subs, a shorted tinsel lead or coil will instantly protect an amp.
Sorry guys I missed this.. I still have stock electrical but I haven't seen any voltage drops my head unit has a meter built into it. I'm running at 2 ohms have never experienced any light dimming or anything. When the amp went into protect it never came back. I tried disconnecting the subs and the battery but it doesn't came out. I can hear the subs playing low still as if they were running of the head unit or sometging

Sorry guys I missed this.. I still have stock electrical but I haven't seen any voltage drops my head unit has a meter built into it. I'm running at 2 ohms have never experienced any light dimming or anything. When the amp went into protect it never came back. I tried disconnecting the subs and the battery but it doesn't came out. I can hear the subs playing low still as if they were running of the head unit or sometging
What is your ground?

What power wire did you use?

Measuring voltage at your headunit tells very little about what is happening at your amp.

Running that amp at 2 ohm I am really suspect over how you have the amp installed as that amp should have had no issues.

Like I said, I have had that same amp running 1 ohm for around 5 years now and have no issues.

easiest thing to try to find out if it's amp or wire is hook it into friends car see if it work there if so not the amp..

with everything off make sure ground is tight and no paint on the metal pull on wires at amp be sure they are tight.. if subs are wired separately un hook one if no luck unhook other if amp comes on it a sub or wire problem hook 1 sub up at a time see if it'll play 1..
Also it's only one sub dd612

easiest thing to try to find out if it's amp or wire is hook it into friends car see if it work there if so not the amp..
Don't have any friends cars that are into audio I moved to Texas a couple years ago and I'm on the road for work 95% of the year

What size ground and power wires?

Where is ground connected?

I keep asking as I do think you have a wiring issue and I want to make sure whatever amp you replace it with will last you.

I also recommend either the CAB 1600 or the RP2000

I am running the RP2000 and am very happy with it's performance.

I run it at 1 ohm, my ride to work is 30 min each way, I play it full tilt and it handles it with getting just slightly warm.

I keep asking as I do think you have a wiring issue and I want to make sure whatever amp you replace it with will last you.

I run it at 1 ohm, my ride to work is 30 min each way, I play it full tilt and it handles it with getting just slightly warm.
What he says ! Sounds like a bad ground but who knows ?

That's a decent budget amp you've got there... unless you believe you've got a manufacturers defect... "unlikely"... I'm assuming it was playing at first then went into protect... How heavy are you loading the amp "impedance"? That amp should do 1 ohm fine...

4 gauge knukoncepts wiring grounded to the trunk frame sanded and bolted. It worked fine for 2 weeks before it went in protect and never came back outc

4 gauge knukoncepts to the frame of the trunk sanded and bolted. It work fine for 2 weeks

4 gauge knukoncepts to the frame of the trunk sanded and bolted. It work fine for 2 weeks
did u do anything to car? anything?. i pulled seat out of car 1 time few days later dome lite never cut off pulled the bulb we though alarm we had installed was problem spent time replacing that., found out tightened bolt on top of a speaker wire (not power or ground) just rear speaker wire was doing it wrapped with tape moved wire 1" problem solved after we spend 2 hrs replacing alarm..

did u do anything to car? anything?. i pulled seat out of car 1 time few days later dome lite never cut off pulled the bulb we though alarm we had installed was problem spent time replacing that., found out tightened bolt on top of a speaker wire (not power or ground) just rear speaker wire was doing it wrapped with tape moved wire 1" problem solved after we spend 2 hrs replacing alarm..
Haven't done anything since I installed it no..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.