Amp turns on, but no sound

At this point you will need a volt meter and a 3.5mm to RCA cable. Both can be purchased for cheap at Walmart.

If you plan on making this a hobby I would just go ahead and fork out the 20 bucks to buy them. These two things will help diagnose.....it almost sounds like you have a bad HU but only one way to find out.

Man its hard to know exactly without seeing the screen.

The sub should be turned on. No bass boost. And the cross overs should be set as I described. I will look at the manual again to figure this out....but this might not be the problem .

For that 80hz thing is that the bass boost or the crossover menu. Pictures would really help.

Screenshot_2016-03-20-12-12-25.png

For your sub control menu

Cut off should be 80 to 125 depending on your sub and box...just use 80 for now.

Output should be at 0 for now

Slope won't matter for the issue at hand. -12db per octave is commonly used for subs.

For the HPF setting I would use start with 125hz and -12db per octave

---------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

Bass boost 0

Where in Illinois? Do you have any other speakers or subs to hook up to the amp to see if maybe your amp is good but subs aren't working?

Yea you should plug straight into your amp and only the subs should play. If no noise this means your amp or your sub is bad.

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

[/color]Or use a DMM to measure the resistance(ohms) of the voice coil(s)

Yea you should plug straight into your amp and only the subs should play. If no noise this means your amp or your sub is bad.
---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

[/color]Or use a DMM to measure the resistance(ohms) of the voice coil(s)
I got the RCA to 3.5mm cable and played a song with a lot of bass, they worked amazingly, but without that cable with just the rca wire it doesn't play

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.