amp turned off, cant get it working

Participant count
  • Participant list

Guesthere
10+ year member

Undeniable Chaos
sundown sae 1000. has 1 re sx 18 wired down to 2ohm. it cut off in the middle of a song, but it didnt go into protect. no fuses are blown and all connections are fine, amp powers on but no sub stage in my system.

double checked all fuses

double checked all connections

obviously there must be something im missing, if the sub was blown it would still play poorly right?

the same thing happened to my 600.4 american pro amp. were you messing with it when it happened? like were you moving stuff around in the trunk or anything like that?

Not always bro, check the speaker terminal on the amp with another speaker just to see if their is anything there...would be my first step.
ill do that

the same thing happened to my 600.4 american pro amp. were you messing with it when it happened? like were you moving stuff around in the trunk or anything like that?

just driving. at first i thought a connection on the sub actually fell out in the box. but they were all on fine.

just hooked up the sub to the home audio. the sub is fine, so now its down to amp/radio. this is ****ing ghey
Check for voltage at the speaker terminals (on amp) should read low if not 0 when off, and read something when on. If that checks out, check rca's for voltage. Good luck bro.

i did the speaker terminal test with a shitty little home speaker.

it barely BARELY pushes a little 6x9.... what could cause that? I tried on both speaker posts

I opened the amp up, no bad odor or burning........help mah please!!!!!!!!

i did the speaker terminal test with a shitty little home speaker.
it barely BARELY pushes a little 6x9.... what could cause that? I tried on both speaker posts

I opened the amp up, no bad odor or burning........help mah please!!!!!!!!
Sounds like it has a short somewhere, what guage wire were you using, and what were your gains at? Did you check the RCA's for voltage??

4 gauge wiring

gains quarter turn. had to put the remote on full tilt to get any movement outta that 6x9. I sadly have no DMM.

Home depot sell them for cheap?

there rockford fosgate dual braided RCA's. ****ers were expensive

4 gauge wiring
gains quarter turn. had to put the remote on full tilt to get any movement outta that 6x9. I sadly have no DMM.

Home depot sell them for cheap?

there rockford fosgate dual braided RCA's. ****ers were expensive
Well check them for voltage with HU on. Make sure your getting voltage to amp through rca's if you are its a dead amp. What does your power setup consist of?? And yes you can find some decent ones. I love amazon.com try them.

If you want help fixing this amp let me know. Theres a few things that you need to check for first inside of the amp to figure out the problem. Like if the amp is producing rail voltage, is the amp have regulated voltage or any shorted outputs,transistors,or op-amps. Ive been reapiring amps for 10 + years So if you need any help let me know thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.