Amp Tuning??

I need to know what to tune my amp to. I have an Alpine MRP 500 at 2ohms by 500 Watts RMS powering an Alpine Type R Dual 4 Ohm Voice Coil. I have two amps powering two subs. One amp per sub. Someone help please. I dont know what to tune my knobs to on the amp. Do I install them and adjust it as I like it or is there set specs it should be at?

the gain/input should be matched to your preout voltage, the lpf should be set 80-100hz depending on your front stage, and the sub sonic (if it has one) should be off for a sealed enclosure and around 10hz under tuning on ported boxes.

you can also set the gain with a DMM which is much more accurate.

ok thanks now my stereo deck says pre amp voltage is 2 volts, what do i set the gain to? I have a choice of MIN-, -, -, NOM-, 0.5V-, -, MAX-

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 PM ----------

And the bass equalizer is from 0-12 dB, I choose 0?

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 PM ----------

And what do you mean by front filter?

Bass on the headunit should be at 0, bass boost on the amp should always be off. The input levels on the amp are going to be somewhere like 3/4 of the way up since it's only a 2 volt headunit. Using a DMM on both amps would work best to make sure you have them at the same level. If each sub is in it's own sealed chamber it wouldn't be as big of a deal, but when they share the same chamber you need them both set exactly the same.

ok thanks now my stereo deck says pre amp voltage is 2 volts, what do i set the gain to? I have a choice of MIN-, -, -, NOM-, 0.5V-, -, MAX- 

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 PM ----------

And the bass equalizer is from 0-12 dB, I choose 0?

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 PM ----------

And what do you mean by front filter?
1. What amps and what subs?

2. Yes the bass EQ should be at 0, bass boost at 0, and the HU bass setting at 0.

OP you need to get a DMM and follow this equation. Use a 50Hz 0DB test tone.

Voltage = SQRT(Power*Resistance)

Voltage = SQRT (500*2)

Voltage = SQRT(1000)

Voltage = 31.62V

Each amp should read as close to that as possible for the voltage at the speaker wire inputs.

Lol. I can't sit in a car where im sitting like 3 feet away from the subs listening for distortion. Hurts my ears. And like what do you set the freq. to? Cause I always set it to right before I hear like a hollow sound from the box. Idk. haha

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

yanksfan407

yanksfan407
Massapequa, NY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
DeathByWaffle