AMP Tuning? Box low 30hz

Participant count
  • Participant list
whats the length x width x height of the box?
Whats the length x width x height of the port?

I'll tell you exactly your specs.
Box: Width- 38'' Length- 20'' Height- 22''

Port: Width- 4'' Length- (roughly) 40'' Height- 20"

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

Jeff had asked that not me. I was wondering about your measurements.
Who designed your enclosure?
I designed it lol

you are tuned around 28hz to 27hz lol.. Your box is big enough for an 18... about 5.5 - 6.0 cubes, not sure if you double baffled or not along with your bracing. You dont need any subsonic filter tuned that low IMO.

Legit you can cut that baffle and fit in a skar ZVX 18 and it'll slam, its similar to my buddy's box specs.

Low 30's...fphss....

That's more towards high 20's. jeff can those subs be tuned that low?

I gotta oddball feeling since he designed it, with no exp designing enclosures, he's prob gonna build it and sound like chit. Took it upon himself to do it all.

you are tuned around 28hz to 27hz lol.. Your box is big enough for an 18... about 5.5 - 6.0 cubes, not sure if you double baffled or not along with your bracing. You dont need any subsonic filter tuned that low IMO.

Legit you can cut that baffle and fit in a skar ZVX 18 and it'll slam, its similar to my buddy's box specs.
Well I don't plan on getting an 18 any time soon considering I JUST bought my TNT 15''. Good to know I can fit an 18 though lol

Low 30's...fphss....

That's more towards high 20's. jeff can those subs be tuned that low?

I gotta oddball feeling since he designed it, with no exp designing enclosures, he's prob gonna build it and sound like chit. Took it upon himself to do it all.
its not a bad design.... for an 18... lol a bit big for a low mms and rms 15 but its manageable. port doesnt look that bad either

My buddy zvx 18 loved 28hz tuning played really nice all around, just sharply died off above 55hz but plays everything below that down to 20hz easily. even off a cheap audiopipe 1500 on stock electrical.

Box is a little big....but will still work ok. Prob play lows really well just the upper freq will lack alittle.

Power handling will be a diff story too compared to a smaller enclosure .

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.