amp to pair with Treo SSi 15in dual 2?

Participant count
  • Participant list

kr15
5,000+ posts

Polluting Residentials
California
So i just got this sub yesterday, and my Fosgate amp at 4ohm just isnt going to cut it. The sub is 750rms, but really needs about 1000 to shine. I could run my amp at 1ohm, except for the fact that it isnt "stable" and I dont really want to run 1000rms of class a/b power on stock electrical. So im looking for a class d that will do a solid 1000rms at 1ohm. Id like some sq, but doesnt have to be completely sq orientated amp...Opinions? Suggestions?

Sub is in a ported box (i hate ported boxes) that is actually a Memphis prefab, but the specs were fairly close, so im using it for the time being.

thanks...and no, i cant afford a Sundown right now..lol

for the sake of maintaining a budget, what about an Audiopipe 1200d, or Hifonics bxi1208d...opinions on these?

i just need 1ohm for a few reasons, and class d. the sub dont seem to be as sensitive wired in series as it is wired paralell...is that true?

The ones im focused on now, are the audiopipe1500d, Brutus bxi1208d or either the Mb Discus 1000/1500d...unless something more appealing pops up on classifieds in my budget.

Opinons on these 3? What one provides best sq, which is strongest, and which is the most efficient? (im on stock electrical, 102 amp alt)

The discus seems to be doing well for a bunch of people.

Also, as long as you keep resistance to a minimum (big 3, proper grounds, proper wire) your 102 amp alt should be just fine @ 1000rms.

i LOVE this sub...i have already kind of grown out of mine, but the sq/spl response of this sub is outstanding...low note extension is incredible...mine has also been on 1k+ at high volumes everyday without fail...This sub loves Gorilla Zoe

i LOVE this sub...i have already kind of grown out of mine, but the sq/spl response of this sub is outstanding...low note extension is incredible...mine has also been on 1k+ at high volumes everyday without fail...This sub loves Gorilla Zoe
what are the specs on your box?

built to specs from Treo as far as size is concerned, 2.5^ I believe, but tuned at 30 hz (i believe Treo recomends 34hz) but I wanted low tuning

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.