Amp swap weekend.

see this is why i as suprised u switched to them and don't understand why youdu keeps talking about what a deal they are because it's just a china amp.. when i suggested a new sq amp to a guy youdufus said it's still china right i said "isn't everything these days" idk why peeps think zapco would be any better.. i understand u think that maybe they were designed in usa but that's also what hifonics and autotek say on the amps "designed in usa" so that don't mean as much as some peeps think.. i woulda got sq or similar amps instead., couple peeps here got lower end zaps said they good but then sold them within few months. just saying..
Wtf are you talking about?

I have had a noise floor since the beginning. I always figured it was the cheap Fordco. That was the main reason I decided to give it a shot. And I’ve had the same stuff for 3 years. Well... I still have the same noise floor.
What do you mean by floor noise? Road noise? Ground loop isolator

Wtf are you talking about?
i mean zapco is a china amp just alike anything else i don't get why some peeps seem to think they better than others.. i haven't seen any proof of it.. they ok like some skar or sq amps but i highly doubt the bottom of the line zapco is any better (maybe not as good) as my ppi.. sure someone wants a cheap 50-65x4 amp zap is a option but i'd get the 100x4 sq for $149 instead, probably made in same china building..

Even if a $100 amp sounds exactly the same as a $1k one to you; the 1k amp will always be a better investment in the end. Car audio is not a budget friendly hobby. Cut corners and your are bound to have problems.

i mean zapco is a china amp just alike anything else i don't get why some peeps seem to think they better than others.. i haven't seen any proof of it.. they ok like some skar or sq amps but i highly doubt the bottom of the line zapco is any better (maybe not as good) as my ppi.. sure someone wants a cheap 50-65x4 amp zap is a option but i'd get the 100x4 sq for $149 instead, probably made in same china building..
The inputs and op-amps are better. And they are way smaller.

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

Even if a $100 amp sounds exactly the same as a $1k one to you; the 1k amp will always be a better investment in the end. Car audio is not a budget friendly hobby. Cut corners and your are bound to have problems.
I bet I can sell this zap way easier and take way less of a hit then the $700 DD.

China, Korea, are there any other options out there? Does it really matter? How do you know? Lots of speculation going on.
no speculation that i saw peeps know where most if not all amps are made., mine like most made in china.. just like me ppi peeps love them, made well copy of a much more expensive amp but still made in china but it didn't cost $300-$500 like other china made amps.. as long as amp does rated power and last a while idk why peeps think some old name brand is better 80% of the time it's not because now they all made in same china factory.. also other option is brazil amps.. i think some of zapcos are good idk if they worth $100 to $300 more than another china amp is what i'm saying..

Gramps,
I think some may be speculating that amplifiers made China are junk, idk.
yeah some do but most are made there and some peeps have even said that cheap ppi or other amps like mine last longer than the amps with korean boards.. i'm just saying lots of amps made in china some are $150 and some are $1049 and say jl on them just like the zapco just because the name meant something 15 yrs ago don't mean crap anymore.. each amp had to be tested and looked at to know if it's worth a crap because like jeff said they try to cheap out anyway they can.. they will make amp 1/2 as good as it used to be to save $8 per amp..

yeah some do but most are made there and some peeps have even said that cheap ppi or other amps like mine last longer than the amps with korean boards.. i'm just saying lots of amps made in china some are $150 and some are $1049 and say jl on them just like the zapco just because the name meant something 15 yrs ago don't mean crap anymore.. each amp had to be tested and looked at to know if it's worth a crap because like jeff said they try to cheap out anyway they can.. they will make amp 1/2 as good as it used to be to save $8 per amp..
These are cheap.

Btw. There is also Britain, Italy, Germany, US.

da fk... when you get called out on your BS, dont drag me into the conversation....

This turned into making a profit into wtf.

Tweeters, and now I can’t get the DSP display to turn on. I never used it and I don’t really need to now but still.

I hope the Dayton DSP isn’t a flop.

This turned into making a profit into wtf. Tweeters, and now I can’t get the DSP display to turn on. I never used it and I don’t really need to now but still.

I hope the Dayton DSP isn’t a flop.
Did you sell those DD amps already?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.